PS2 Back-up & Action Replay/Gameshark

Hi

Does anyone have this problem and is there anyway round this ?
If i try to play a dvd-r backup ps2 game via the action replay 2 cd the copy will not boot-up. I have a magic 2 chipped console and think the way this boots up a ps2 copy may have something to do with it as it probably has to go through the chip to boot up hence the problem with going through an action replay cd.

Any thoughts/solutions?

Thanx :)

its not a problem i've ever had i'm afraid, my kids buggered up my ar disc long before i got my neo4 and messiah chips fitted so i've never been able to test it out.

What media are you using for DVD-Rs? Is the disc labeled? I could never get labeled DVD-Rs to boot, regardless of the mod chip.

chopster said:
Hi

Does anyone have this problem and is there anyway round this ?
If i try to play a dvd-r backup ps2 game via the action replay 2 cd the copy will not boot-up. I have a magic 2 chipped console and think the way this boots up a ps2 copy may have something to do with it as it probably has to go through the chip to boot up hence the problem with going through an action replay cd.

Any thoughts/solutions?

Thanx :)
its one of three things
-either the Z point is not installed on your magic2
-you have an older model magic2 that does not support the Z point(the red pcb versions have the z point)
-you have a clone magic2 that does not support the Z point.

you will have to open up your unit to verify this.

Hmmm interesting , z point ? new to me but i got the console pre-chipped so wouldn't know about this unless i installed it myself .
No point in opening the case to check this out now as it is too late to do anything about it :(

The other thing is , i thought the magic2 mod chip was only recently released especially going by how hard it is to find it so it is surprising to hear that there are already various versions of it.

protosniper i use datasafe classic media white label for burning , no problems whatsoever apart from Tekken 4 though that's another story.......