prooblems with activating Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let me rephrase my Post above because it got locket:

last week my PC crashed and I had to format my HDD and tried to recover it with a recovery CD. There were no CDs includet and the recovery CD was burned by myself.

The problem:
The above mentioned CD doesn't work because Windows XP Professional keeps rebooting after installation and is useless.

I tried to download a copy from the net because I have a legal OEM key I got with my PC and I thought it is like other software I bought, just download a new version from the net and use the key to activate it, this is why I don't consider it illegal. But it didn't work because the key wasn't accepted.

Like I said it is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version and the support have to be done by the manufacturer which unluckily closed.

My question:
Does anyone know how I could make my recovery cd working again? Or is it possible to legally register a copy with my legal OEM key? (Of course I could use an illegal version with a stolen key, but obviously I don't want to do this, because otherwise I wouldn't make this post because it would be much easier as using my legal copy)

Player1 said:
... Like I said it is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version and the support have to be done by the manufacturer which unluckily closed. ...
as The Poacher allready said, cantact Microsoft, explain your situation and that your OEM supplier doesn't exist anymore; if you are able to substantiate the OEM licence purchasing, i'm sure they will send you a brand new XP CD nearly as free just for the postage; :)

Greetings from
Duracell

AS BEFORE and AS ABOVE CONTACT MICROSOFT!

the answer was in the LOCKED thread and now you have 2 more answers of the same ANSWER!

PLEASE STOP ASKING.... you will get the SAME ANSWER!

you could try backing up your recovery disks and using those if not then
contact microsoft and ask them either via EMAIL or TELEPHONE ..if you can prove your product has a LEGAL key im sure they will only be too pleased to PROVIDE you a LEGAL copy of windows GRATIS (free) or a discounted version!

THREAD LOCKED AGAIN same reason we have provided answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.