Probs installin Mcafee virusscan home version 8

Hi Folks

MY prob is that when i try 2 install that app, i get nothin but internet explorer script erros

Have attached 2 screengrabs 2 show U what i mean

If i click yes i then see this

I have reset IE settings 2 their defaults, but still no luck, i think that a spyware prog or security prog might have disabled scripts or somethin

All help would be really appreciated :)

BaNzI:D

Cheers scarecrow & serjer :)

Yep it version 6sp1 with the security updates on top

Think it related a similar prob i have with the windowsupdate site, havent been able 2 use it 4 months.When i went 2 it all i got was a white page, so i tried reinstallin IE6sp1 & that made the page load ok, but when i click scan 4 updates, it never ever moves from 0%, i can still get in 2 the windows catalouge & get them that way, tried that once, but just ended up with a lot of folders with the files in & no way of knowin which order of installin them

I have reset IE 2 its defaults, even though i only use it 2 view 1 site, i use opera on all others

Im gettin so annoyed with it , im this close 2 reinstallin, but i will be buyin a mobo, processor & mem from a m8 as he has upgraded, so might wait till then

All active x are enabled apart from the unsafe ones which have 2 ask

But i still think that error & the winupdate probs are related

More help appreciated :)

I don't think that IE6+ will EVER work OK on 9X/ME.
If you can unistall and go back to IE 5.5 SP2 or even better SP1, that would be great.
I have on WinME installation at my puter (it's a Vmware machine, which I boot under Linux and 2000/XP), which oes NOT have IE at all (removed by 98Lite pro). I have kept the activeX controls, and I have registered Firebird 0.7 pre to replace IE by using the Mozilla activeX control. the result is imressive; myIE2 works great as browser, using the Mozilla/Firebird core engine to connect to the net- awesome speed, and supreb stability.

Last edited:
Cheers 4 the reply scarecrow :)

Alas i can downgrade 2 5.5 as i foolishly deleted the backup files usin add/remove :(

I think i will just have 2 wait till i get the mobo form me pal & then just start from scratch with either 2000 or XP

Actually you CAN remove IE6...even with the uninstall info deleted
Just get yourself a copy of 98lite pro 4.7... after completely removing IE you can re-install 5.5
Moreover I would suggest you going for the grand slam, and installing (after the IE removal) just Firebird 0.6.1
Mozilla and Firebird have an ActiveX control .dll, which means that you can use the Mozilla/Gecko engine just as it was Internet Explorer (i.e. downloaders like Flashget and IE skins like myIE2 work fine, as they use Gecko thinking it is Internet Sexploiter... :p).
I have set like that my ME virtual machine, and use myIE2 as default browser, WITHOUT IE being installed at all... The result is simply awesome, speed/stability/reliability.

Cheers again bud :)

Will be givin that idea a try when i get that kit from me m8, gonna setup a dual boot with 98se & either 2000 or XP, U got a link 2 the 98lite site? that 98lite thingy, that would be great as im crap at searchin 4 things lol

Internet Sexploiter
:p:p:p:p:p
Priceless lol, that about all that damn browser is worth usin 4 lol:p