Problems

IFOEdit is asking for input and it just hangs... I have tried to do this movie (Road Trip) 3 times and I keep getting problems with ifoedit. Is it possible to retry the original rip without ripping it again? How?

Last edited:
JHMac said:
IFOEdit is asking for input and it just hangs... I have tried to do this movie (Road Trip) 3 times and I keep getting problems with ifoedit. Is it possible to retry the original rip without ripping it again? How?
HI

start the program again if it needs it and you can load up the processed files by making sure the original TEMP/Destination/Backup paths are still the same as what it was when it failed. Press the Emergency option in the pulldown menu at the top and select the IFO Process restart

can I ask some questions?

are your TEMP and Destination files on the same physical Hard Drive?
what version of Ifoedit are you using?
are you using the PC at the time?
do you have any email or antivirus software running?
do you have an active system restore running in the background?
when you CTRL+ALT+DEL how many programs do you see?
if you do run the proccess again is it hanging in the same place?

yes
tried 0.94 & 0.96
no
norton av
no disabled
dvdstripper, ifoedit
its about the same place

No only one drive... I am d/ling the IFOEdit v0.95 and I will try the DVD again complete rip start to finish...

tim254

JHMac - What are the specs of your system?

I'm having the same problem, and wanted to see if it was a CPU speed issue.

My initial impressions were quite mixed:

First off the issue with missing OCX files. Apparently the OS needs them. Sorted that anyway.

Then I found it hung first time around and it wont allow me to go into the Options for some reason. Anyway got it using DVDDecryptor and got my VOB files associated with WMP and was able to get WMP to play each one but not via Stripper, had to do it manually.

Then got it processing but it barfed with a error message which I didnt record (not time tonite). Managed to get ifoEdit resuming and it made most of the VOB files and barfed with another error.

Tried to play DVD and zilch (not surprised). Then tried manual get VTS but still zilch.

Not got another hour to play and write down the error messages and wait for MackemX. Will do that when back from work trip.

Looks very promising and I'm pretty sure these are all config issues.

JHMac said:

yes
tried 0.94 & 0.96
no
norton av
no disabled
dvdstripper, ifoedit
its about the same place
Hi please disable norton av and try again. ;)

Disabled AV, same problem IFOedit is asking for a dest dir. I select it and it works for a bit then same thing... Yes the dir is put into the program. It is laptop 850mhz 1hdd/3partitions, 512ram, if I run the emergency in DVDS it ask fotr the dest dir then seems to run fine but hangs later in the process I can't remember now what it hangs on I will run it again and see. I'll Be Back!

Last edited:

Oldeman

Ifoedit input problem

I'm having a similar problem. When Ifoedit first starts after the blue "processing bar", IfoediT puts up a "VOB extras options" panel with a blank destination directory and autocopy menus checkmarked...
If you give any input to this after it dies... The remainging IFOedit panels appear to auto-run (as they should?).
The resulting output usually has a missing titles(?) file.

I'm on Win98SE , 750AMD, two 30GB drives, HP DVD300i burner.

When will new version be available to us buyers?

Oldeman said:
I'm having a similar problem. When Ifoedit first starts after the blue "processing bar", IfoediT puts up a "VOB extras options" panel with a blank destination directory and autocopy menus checkmarked...
If you give any input to this after it dies... The remainging IFOedit panels appear to auto-run (as they should?).
The resulting output usually has a missing titles(?) file.

I'm on Win98SE , 750AMD, two 30GB drives, HP DVD300i burner.

When will new version be available to us buyers?
Hi

I'm not sure about the new version just yet, though this is version is actually the 105th version as we were making so many versions a day during it's short development, so I guess it' s time for a little breather and time to take note of all the issues people have and list them in order of priority :)

I have and will post a temporary solution for now for people, give me 10-15 mins to make a half decent guide ;). It may take longer but I promise it will be up ASAP

cheers ;)

rayd

dvdstripper problems

started having the same problems as other people today, ifoedit would just hang as soon as it started processing,but i seem to have solved this problem.

today i installed the microsoft all in one patch KB826939 for win xp sp1
and that is when my problem began,now that i have uninstalled it everything is back to normal THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

hope this helps others.

rayd said:
started having the same problems as other people today, ifoedit would just hang as soon as it started processing,but i seem to have solved this problem.

today i installed the microsoft all in one patch KB826939 for win xp sp1
and that is when my problem began,now that i have uninstalled it everything is back to normal THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

hope this helps others.
that's what I like to hear, people fixing their own problems but also telling others about it :)

what was the patch for though?

tim254

MackemX said:
that's what I like to hear, people fixing their own problems but also telling others about it :)

what was the patch for though?
It was a rollup of numerous security patches for Windows XP.

Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Windows XP (KB826939)

I wouldn't uninstall this unless the computer was NOT connected to the internet. I might do this on my second system after unplugging it from the network, but I think I'll wait until the next version comes out which should fix the IfoEdit hanging issue.

rayd

tim 254,
you beat me to it !
but i'm quite happy now with a good firewall and antivirus which i disable when i use dvdstripper.

tim254

rayd said:
tim 254,
you beat me to it !
but i'm quite happy now with a good firewall and antivirus which i disable when i use dvdstripper.
I'm finally able to use DVDStripper! IFOEdit doesn't hang anymore. At least one of those 22 hotfixes is causing IFOEdit to hang ... not sure which one. I was able to fix it by installing the Rollup patch and then uninstalling it.

Thanks Rayd!

o00o_o00o

tim254 said:
It was a rollup of numerous security patches for Windows XP.

Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Windows XP (KB826939)

I wouldn't uninstall this unless the computer was NOT connected to the internet. I might do this on my second system after unplugging it from the network, but I think I'll wait until the next version comes out which should fix the IfoEdit hanging issue.
I don't have the luxury of having another fast computer to do DVD backups. Uninstalling Windows security patches to compromise DVDStripper is not an option for me.

I have been having the IFOEdit hangs issue since the first day I used DVDStripper. I don't know what cause the hang and really don't have time to look into it. I am trying to visit this forum everyday to c if someone find a solution so that I don't need to "babysit" my laptop after I click the 'Process' button. Hopefully someone will crack this soon.

Added: My laptop has WinXP Home, P4, 2.66 GHz, 512 Ram.

Last edited:
has anyone installed this patch and DS still works?

anyone brave enough to install them one by one and find out which one it is? :)

I'm looking at it now but maybe you guys can help also

cheers

MackemX said:
has anyone installed this patch and DS still works?

anyone brave enough to install them one by one and find out which one it is? :)

I'm looking at it now but maybe you guys can help also

cheers
I was brave enough and downloaded all the individual hotfixes apart from 2 so I could install them one by one. At first though I installed the complete Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Windows XP (KB826939) on my laptop to check it failed for me also

I ran DS and processed a DVD and it worked fine :confused: . That's typical as now I cannot troubleshoot!

maybe 0.1.1 will work for you guys who have issues