Problems using Elbys CloneDVD & AnyDVD

When using CloneDVD 2073 & AnyDVD 3611 together CloneDVD crashes to the desktop with no error messages. This happens while CloneDVD is reading the DVD. I'm using XP Home, AthlonXP 1700+, 768MB ram, NEC1300A DVD Writer. I checked cpu usage whilst using the 2 programs and it was 100% most of the time. How can I stop the cpu usage being so high. I've shut down things running in the background but it makes no difference. :mad: :(

I just saw that clonedvd got updated to 2083,so you might wanna try ypdate first and see what happens,also check dma as duracell said :)

DMA is enabled so no luck there. I've also updated to version 2083 with no luck either. I've tried anyDVD with DVD2one and this locked my pc up. I'm begining to think that maybe its AnyDVD thats the problem. Please help. :confused: :confused:

Thanks Duracell for having a go at this. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7ZXE, Chipset is Via VT8363A Apollo KT133A driver is 2.00a (from 4in1 hyperion).
Burning Software
Alcohol 120% (148 b1222)
Blindwrite 5 (516b)
CloneDVD2 (2083)
DVD Mate (2646)
DVD X Copy Platinum (4038)

Patin Couffin v1.21 is also installed.

DVD2one was installed
DCS copy suite was installed

Hope this helps :)

O.K. VIA IDE busmaster drivers usually don't harm, so you should consider updating the whole package: http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

about the burning apps/engines, i don't know if there are conflicting candidates present;
you have installed a lot, some with the same functions; better uninstall what you don't need really;

Sorted problem and created another. :rolleyes:
Updated CloneDVD to new version 2084 with no luck so I uninstalled some of my burning programs - still no luck.
Then uninstalled AnyDVD & installed an older version 2.0.0.4. Clone DVD now works fine :) until I've finished using it & when I shut it down my pc shuts down & restarts. :mad:
Work that one out. I'm now totally confused. :eek:

harvester_of_ey said:
until I've finished using it & when I shut it down my pc shuts down & restarts. :mad:
your reboot is a hidden BSOD,
it would be helpful to disable "Automatic Restart": right click at My Computer > properties > enlarged > start and restoring (i'm not sure about the english terms)
so you will get a BSOD instead of a reboot; in the first three lines of the BSOD the trouble causing driver/software is named;

Can now get the BSOD and I get different results. Sometimes its PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA then sometimes its Win32k.sys then sometimes its BAD POOL CALLER. Please note the only time I get these errors is whilst running the 2 programs. :mad: I'm seriously considering just using DVD X Copy Plantinum which runs well on my system :confused:

Clone & AnyDVD

Make sure you're running the altest versions of these as there were major probs with earlier releases . Also make sure you use the latest Edited reason:- BAD IDEA :mad: wolfman_oz to suggest using pirate software!!! :mad: please read the forum rules here here thanks >>>VIPER_1069 <<<<

whatever as Slys@ft are renowned for making life hard for those with the "wrong" serials ;-) :p

Last edited:
I tried the Prime 95 program and tortured my pc for 24 hours. It passed all the tests :) Really confused now. I did try DVDIdle pro with Clone DVD but another BSOD. :confused:

harvester_of_ey said:
It passed all the tests :)
so it don't seems to be a hardware problem; :)

Latest VIA chipset driver package (VIA Hyperion) allready installed?

Also disable (in the program's options itself) and uninstall all virtual drives (listed as SCSI devices in Windows' device manager). then try your luck again;

last option is seting up a new clean Windows installation (maybe as dual boot system) and trying your luck in this pretty fresh environment;

:) I will now put an end to this saga.

My motherboard ended up faulty after much messing around I finally purchased a new one and thing are now fine. ;)

Big Thanks to Duracell for your help :cool: