Problems Udating Nero

Hi All

Had 2 format at the weekend & reinstall:(

But the prob i got is after installin the bundled version of nero & InCd, i can't update nero:confused:

I got the latest version & have tried the same with ver 15a, but it always the same

It unpacks itself, then pops up a dialog sayin some of me system files are outdated & the installer need 2 reboot 2 update them, but when it reboots, i get another box sayin it faild 2 update & i should get the files from Microsoft & then reinstall Nero

What Files:confused:

I have all the windowsupdates & have tried ForceASPI & updtaing the VBruntime6 files???

Has any 1 else had this error & if so how 2 fix it???

Cheers In Advance:)

BaNzI:D

If you have installed back W98 you will need the latest version of Windows Installer being present before updating Nero.

@scarecrow, i have got the latest v2 from Microsoft.It never made any difference.I got all the updates i need, but left useless ones like games

Thought it would be an installer prob?!?!

Another thing, i have tried 2 restore my OE mail backup usin OEBackup v6 & now OE wont start, sayin it cant open the message store &/or might be out of memory

I got a lot mail in that backup & have had 2 use Incredimail

OEBackup said somethin about switchin idenity & restores ok, but when i try 2 run OE, i get that message & it also says that OE.dill cant be loaded

I have tried clearing the contents of the mail store folder, but no luck

PS.The folder i backed up is the 1 with the long number/letter name & inside is the Microsoft Folder & In That the Outlook Express Folder

Is there anyway i can change somethin in the reg so it accepts me old folder
Please Help:)

Last edited:
Ok Folks:)

Know U can't wait 2 hear how i got on:p

Either installin the VBruntime or OEBackup made it possible 4 nero 2 install...Success:):):)

Know this is of thread but me OE still won't runnin?!?!?

Cheers scarecrow:)