Problems running a copied dvd

xonner

I've bought a portuguese program called Diciopedia 2004, that's similar to Encarta, and i've been able to make a copy with DVD-Copy from Nero with no problems. I used Clony XXL to see what type of protection it has, and i think is SecuRom. I installed the program with no problems with the copied DVD, but the real problem is when i try to run the program it simply does nothing. It will only open/run with the original cd, can someone help me about this?

xonner said:
I've bought a portuguese program called Diciopedia 2004, that's similar to Encarta, and i've been able to make a copy with DVD-Copy from Nero with no problems. I used Clony XXL to see what type of protection it has, and i think is SecuRom. I installed the program with no problems with the copied DVD, but the real problem is when i try to run the program it simply does nothing. It will only open/run with the original cd, can someone help me about this?
It is possible there is Securom. If there is there is no way yet.

Securom cannot be applied on DVD's! :rolleyes:
No typical subschannel data = no Securom, Clony says nonsense as usual.
If there is any protection on it, then it is CSS encrypted video clips.

Last edited:
Well scarecrow this time you are wrong. There can be ! Even safedisc can be on DVDs. Look on Tron v2.0 GE edition. It has Securom. Yager has securom. All of this games are on DVDs

xonner

Well i don't know how can clony XXL be accurate, but it says is SecuROM V 4.85.07.011. I've treied it again with alcohol 120%, and i have the same problem. I can make an image of the original cd, but can't run the program without the original.

Securom since v4.77.00.0028 (or something like that) no longer uses subchannel data. No idea if it is possible to do changes in sector density on a DVD though. I wonder if it is possible to patch and burn a DVD image with twin sectors?

If it's a securom 4.8x protected dvd (and yes some of these have started to appear :mad: ), it's not copiable at the moment. Hopefully, alcohol, blindwrite, clonecd, etc will come up with a solution for this (and tages, starforce 3, etc) soon.

xonner, i have the same problem like you. I can copy the dvd but when i run it don't apear anything! You have right in relation to SecuRom V 4.85.07.011.

I hope the programmers of alcohol,blindwrite,etc think fast to create a program to beat the securom into DVD'S!

Both blindwrite's and alcohol's developers are working on it. The blindwrite team have been able to get the proggy to extract sector density info from securom dvds with latest releases (i.e. make a good .bwa) but have not yet worked out a way to use it in burning so as to produce a working copy.

Still, they're making progress. Stay tuned.

R!Co, i tried the Blindwrite to copy the dvd, but he cant copie the dvd. He gives a error like this

1 -'' Can't find a method to read a CD Auido Track.''
2- ''Extraction is impossible, can't find an appropriate read method''
3- ''Extraction Failed''

I use the version 5.1.1.128 to try copie this dvd.