Problem with Nero Back Up, can't restore

dannieboiz

I had to send my laptop in for a warranty repair, so I used nero back up to back up my D: partition consisting of 23gb. It spanned out 5 dvd's. Original back up was done with Win XP SP1 installed. When I recieved my laptop back it had the original XP Home that the system came with as a fresh copy with only 1 partition. So I used partition magic to partition my drive with 40gb that the D drive used to have and installed Win XP Pro. After installation of a fresh copy of XP Pro and both drive reformatted I popped in the disc #1 of 5 and I clicked on NRestore I dos like screen popped up with language options so of course I clicked on english then I get an error screen. Saying "D drive is being access causing error etc..." forgot the exactly msg. So I left the DVD in the drive and did a reboot so it can boot from the restore dvd. It did try to boot to the dvd but I got msg this time saying unable to locate first 64bite? of drive. I can get the exact msg of both errors once I get home. Just wanted to see if there are any other things I can do to try to save this 20 plus gb of info and documents I have stored.