Problem with ftp server

Ok,my ftp problems are continuing again...
Problem is that before i was connected over router so i was setting a static ip on a router so deenes client was forvarding it to bulletproff server.
Now i switched to a new provider(3mb down-800k-upload),ip is dynamic,but i dont have a router installed anymore couse thats the only pc in a house.Provider is bel sympatico-dsl.
How to make a server working couse my ip is not static??I saw a new plugin called ip-watch on a bftp site-is that a solution for me??
Any tip-hint is more then welcome couse im really stuck and i dont know from where to start??

You'll need a DNS service (dyndns, no-ip, or whatever you like), a DNS client (DeeEnEs, Dynamic Update, many choices again) so your dynamic IP will point to (say) zver.no-ip.org
Your server can use either PASV or PORT, it depends on the kind of firewall you are currently using. SEttings for the server vary according to the firewall.

So actually,its same as before,just this time without router?,right???
Can you confirm this,please... :)

Yes, nothing different, but you will need to subscribe to a service for dynamic, not static IP (they are the same for some services, but not say for dyndns).

or simply report your current IP to the aimed client via mail; so he can access your server via IP instead of DNS; although this is no real solution in the long run;

Greetings from
Duracell

If you had it working through a router, I'd keep the router (as a partial firewall).

It should be easier for dyndns clients to work with no router, as there's no intermediate step to finding what IP you do have - though many dyndns clients CAN work behind a router.

scarecrow said:
Yes, nothing different, but you will need to subscribe to a service for dynamic, not static IP (they are the same for some services, but not say for dyndns).
well you mean like those free ones i was subscrribed already?
Unfortanetely i dont have a router anymore,so thats why i asking,anyway will try this now :)