Problem Burning Audio CD from MP3 Using Nero

voodooboy

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help ? I have for a while now experienced problems with Burning MP3's to Audio CD using Nero (and in actual fact using Media Player) The problem is that when the CD's play back there are occassional stoppages in the recordiing i.e a very short pause or gap in the music. I am using Nero 6 and have a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-248F. I have been buring at 12X due to these problems but still occassionally trash CD's becasue of this rpeoblem. Please can someone let me know if there are particular settings in Nero that need to be tweaked or is this likely to be a CD-R/RW driver issue, if so where is the place to go to update the Drivers for this aprticaular CDR-RW

Any help would be appreciated
many thanks

Stoppages longer than would be expected for MP3 discontinuities?

Is the problem only observed in an audio system, or on the PC drive as well - some audio systems can be VERY fussy - I have a pool of some very old and horrible Fornet media (I guess I'll have to burn it off or discard sometime, as it dates back to when 8x was considered fast), but this rotten (and it is ROTTEN media, the lowest of the low) is a guaranteed 100% play in the audio system, recorded at 2x (I was desperate).

In some cases, you have to find a media and recording speed that your playing system likes - Princo CD-R seems to be almost legendary in how well it's tolerated by fussy players.

Did you pre-check your MP3s? Are they playing fine without that gaps?
also go sure "Buffer Underrun Protection" or "Just Link" is disabled in Nero's recorder settings; these options are useless for AudioCDs;

Greetings from
Duracell

voodooboy

Guys
Thanks for your replies ! The gaps are not "Stoppages longer than would be expected for MP3 discontinuities" and are not due to the usual mp3 gap problems such as when you burn mp3's to audio but with a 0 second gap in Nero, as I know this still includes a fraction of a second gap ! Also the gaps are burnt into the disc as the gaps playback on several different CD players however I have never played them back via my CD drive in the PC. Also the mp3's are sound prior to burning

Duracell you stated that " also go sure "Buffer Underrun Protection" or "Just Link" is disabled in Nero's recorder settings; these options are useless for AudioCDs" but would this be the likely cause ??

Finally I have been so cheesed off with the gaps that I have now bought a new DVD/CD-RW drive and am now going to try that (yes I have been pissed off with it that much !)
Once again thanks for your replies gentlemen

voodooboy said:
... but would this be the likely cause ??
these options itself are not the problem cause;
your symptoms looking like you got buffer underuns, so the drive tried to continue the burning process after underrun and this will end in such typical gaps;
if you disable these options, you will get an aborted burning process instead; so then you know you had buffer underuns and you have a clear target now ==> prevent buffer underuns;

You could try using Foobar2000.
It will burn Audio CD's using Nero, but decoding and setting up tracks itself.
I find Nero can occasionally trash mp3 tracks, its decoder isn't up to the job, especially with VBR MP3's.