Problem backing up COD

MBD09

I always have a problem making a backup of Call of Duty with alcohol 120% 1.4.8 Build 1222. i think that the copy protection is safedisc v2.9 (clonyxxl v2.0.1.5). i heard that clonyxxl is out of date and cannot go above v2.9 and if it finds something about it then will report back as v2.9. When i start to make the image it gives a an error: disc read error at 812 then 813 then 814 an so on. don't know if i am doin something wrong, but maybe i don't have the right cd protection.

Call of Duty is safedisc 3.10 protected.

Don't use clony. It's out of date.

Read errors between ~sectors 800 and 10,500 are normal for safedisc protected games. It's the major, though not only, part of the protection. On a typical safedisc 2/3 protected cd there will be between 550 and 600 unreadable sectors in that part of the cd.

Reading of that part of the cd will be slow. Don't worry about it; just let the program keep dumping the image. It will speed up once it has finished reading through the first ~10,500 sectors.

Welcome ... :)
I recommend a site called gamecopyworld. I find the information to be correct and they have other things to make it easier to play the game. Check it out and lets us know what you think. :cool: