proble with win me

im building a pc for a friend
amd duron 1.2
256mb ddr micron
dfi ad73 pro mobo
tnt 2 32 mb
40 gb ata 133 5400 maxtor hd

when i wake the computer after it suspend it locks up

As far as I know, and I struggled myself with this problem once, the problem is that one of the hardware components you have in the puter is not understanding fully (bad written drivers, too old hardware ... ) the suspend mode. The only chance you have to get rid of the "locking" is to disable the suspend mode - directly in bios because one of the components does not support the S3 ACPI state (read here: _http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/kmarch/hh/kmarch/pwrmgmt_7e3r.asp)

PS looking at the configuration you wrote I suppose that the tnt is having problems, but it's just a guess ...

You also might try a bios update, maybe it works ...

good luck

If you have late-version Detonator drivers for the TNT2, that may cause it - I have a similar problem with a Geforce 2MX.

Uninstall the Detonators, or force it back to PCI VGA another way.
If suspend and/or Monitor sleep mode works, then try a really old driver (5.x = Detonator 2), 6.x-11.x = Detonator 3, or maybe the oldest official release Detonator 4.

Try to Update your Windows (Windows Update). My friend had the same problem on the same components. there are some updates for amd chips online - it helped my friend, hope it will help you.

it can avtually be as easy as havin the hard drive set to shut off after a certain time in ur power management options