pristine sounds 2000 pro

please please does anyone know where i can "aquire" this...not the evaluation version...would be prepared to trade if i get a wants list...thanx people i love you all

pristine

tomswift....have followed your instructions and the 2nd and 3rd files will not open...winrar will not "see them" have tried calling them all sorts of names no joy......could you help????:confused:

Just d/l myself & works perfectly after a bit of work.

After d/l I have these files: pristine sounds-oxygen.rar,
pristine sounds-oxygen[1].r00.rar and
pristine sounds-oxygen[1].r01.rar

The filename must be identical for each file in the archive; only the extension can change. When I d/l the files somehow [1] was added; it was not present in the filename that I u/l. Somehow, these characters are being added. No matter, a minor prob. Delete the [1] in the affected files.

You must also, as I noted originally, remove the rar appended to the r00 and r01 files. They would not upload with their correct extension (r00 and r01).

In other words, you should rename the files as follows:
pristine sounds-oxygen.rar - do not change

pristine sounds-oxygen[1].r00.rar becomes
pristine sounds-oxygen.r00

pristine sounds-oxygen[1].r01.rar becomes
pristine sounds-oxygen.r01

I RARed with WinRAR ver 2.8. This has been around for a long time & you don't need to worry about which beta of WinRAR 3.

With the file renaming, WinRAR 2.8 dearchives the files for me w/o probs.

Hope this helps
ts31

Help With “unpacking” Pristine Sounds.

Scottydog90,

There is a slight problem with the file names as posted by tomswift31 for WinRar and WinZip to “unpack” the files properly.

If you rename the 3 downloaded files as detailed below they will be "unpacked” properly

1St file should be named “Pristine Sounds-Oxygen.rar”
2nd file should be renamed “Pristine Sounds-Oxygen.r00”
3rd file should be renamed “Pristine Sounds-Oxygen.r01”

Put all 3 of the above named files in the same folder and then using WinRar “unpack” file “Pristine Sounds-Oxygen.rar" and WinRar will properly unpack and you will end with WinZip file “Pristine Sounds-Oxygen.zip”. Then using WinZip unpack “Pristine Sounds-Oxygen.zip” and WinZip will install Pristine Sounds 2000 (Build 00.02.07).

Hope this information helps.

Coaster

pristine

no its just not working guys...have renamed the files as instructed...winrar unzips the first file and stops and asks me for the next file...i point it at the folder and it doesn't "see" anything.
i'm using winrar3 beta5....i'll try winrar 2.8 if i can find it as sometimes you have to use the version that packed the files in the first place.............oh well life is never easy..........has anyone cracked the newer version of pristine yet??? next one up from 2.07:mad:

Wrong WinRar File Extension Names!

scottydog90,

The only thing I can say is to re-read my previous posting in this tread. If you Re-Name the 3 downloaded file extensions as stated in my posting to the correct file extensions names, have all 3 files in the same folder, the WinRar file will unpack properly. That’s how I did it and it works. I have been using the Pristine Sounds 2000 (Build 00.02.07) file as posted by tomswift31 and I find the capabilities a little lacking compared to the new versions of Sound Forge, Samplitude and WaveLab.

Note- the "0" in the file extension names are the number zero and not the letter "o".

Good Luck,
Coaster

Last edited:
pristine

thanxs for your help guys...but i'm really at the hair pulling stage now........have downloaded all files 3 times now and tried 3 versions of winrar...it will not see any files after the firstone...............aaaarrgggghhh.
i noticed one thing though...when i'm downloading files 2 and 3 in the download window they appear as pristine sounds-oxygen.r00.rar & oxygen.r01.rar but when i right click on the file and select rename the .rar is not there so how do i know i've renamed it correctly????
jesus i thought i was obi wan on pc's till this!!!!!!!!:( :mad:

pristine

PHEW>>>>>>CRACKED IT
the only way i could make winrar "see" the files was to delete the dot between oxygen and r00.............and it worked......(no i don't know how either).......................now has anyone a crack for version 00.07.26 which is infinitly better.............come on guys where are the brains???????:D

Sorry folks for the trouble that you had. As I said it worked great for me when I d/l and de-archived my own upload. Maybe WinRAR 2.8 is a must have.

Looks as if all who want now have working app. If not, let me know & maybe we can come up with another method to deliver files
ts31

Mighta been...?

Hey Scottydog90,

Check under your folder options (my computer>c:>Tools>View(tab)) and see if the "Hide File Extensions For Known File Types" option is checked. If it is checked, UNcheck it - might have been the problem. If it was hiding the real .rar file extension, when you made your "extension" changes none of the filenames would have ended up matching.

Ciao bro,
@ta

Re: Mighta been...?

the1artisan said:
Hey Scottydog90,

Check under your folder options (my computer>c:>Tools>View(tab)) and see if the "Hide File Extensions For Known File Types" option is checked. If it is checked, UNcheck it - might have been the problem. If it was hiding the real .rar file extension, when you made your "extension" changes none of the filenames would have ended up matching.

Ciao bro,
@ta
;)
Hi bud,
I think you're right - I never use the "hiding of known file extension" - I want to know what I'm working with. And, I never use the right click for renaming - I prefer to click the filename twice with pause (no doubleclick) and then the filename can be edited. The way used by Scottydog is a good way into madhouse.
BTW - there is no problem with the WinRar version - the uncompressing process is still the same. The best is to leave the winrar integrate into the shell and unrar from context menu after right click on the filename.
Bye
;)

pay attention

pay attention to the threads raertan...i DID NOT write anything about unticking file extentions...that was the1artisan in the previous post!!!!!!
do not slur my name
scottydog:mad:

Re: pay attention

scottydog90 said:
pay attention to the threads raertan...i DID NOT write anything about unticking file extentions...that was the1artisan in the previous post!!!!!!
do not slur my name
scottydog:mad:
:(
I apologize very much - I didn't understand right the context - again, I'm very sorry for the mistake!
:(

Before you download the files

I had the same prob could not open the files
I did this and it worked for me
Click on file to download it
A pop box opens with the file name and where you wnat to save it to
OK do this now
fix up the name take away the [1]
You will see below it a very small box with rar in it
A save as file type
Change it to cllick little down arrow
all files
It will now save as it should
Enjoy

Rember you mum on mothers day
Ausies Remember to ring your mother for mothers day 12-05-02

I have version 00.07.26 of the program but I really don't know which is the latest 00.02.07 or 00.07.26 !!!
As the others said ; the program is nothing compared to Steinberg Wavelab 4 or Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6 .

:rolleyes:
The build number is the date: 00.07.26 means 26. July 2000. So it is the latest version.
BTW, Pristine can some interesting things, but they're more interesting progs, I agree.
:)