Poacher & Beer

Becks

Nearly all the good Foreign beers U can get in the UK are fake <> i.e. they are brewed in the UK <> U have to look hard but U find it somewere on the bottle

Good examples are Stella Artois,Grolsch,All the great Irish stouts (Guiness Murphy's etc)

Becks is as it says on the bottle only ever brewed in Germany so if U want to drink a proper bier U drink Becks

There are many fine English beers/ales/stouts my particular favourites are McEwans & William Youngers.

@ Master I know there are many fine german beers both in bottle & on draught BUT U just cant get any better than Becks in the UK.

I might add that if U want to try some really excellent beers try some of the belgian "Scotch" & "Trappist (brewed by monks)" beers.

But for an excellent everyday beer U cannot beat Becks.:cool:

Laz

Yep Poacher is right about the cruddy UK! :mad:

Though I have found genuine cans of Warsteiner in my local Makro C&C. Though I must admit I usually just stick to Czech magic brew! :D

Attachments

Have U tried places like Liddels(wrong spellin) or Aldi's, i think they are both german firms that have a lot of stores/supermarkets in the UK, i know they sell a lot of german beers & they are on the cheap side 2:)

Alcohol's bad, mmmmmmkayyyyyyyy:p

BaNzI:D

Unfortunately most of the beers they sell are at the bottom quality wise but they do get the odd good one but I still prefer B's

Are you shure you guys know what a really good beer is???:D
I'm belgian,so I know that my friend The_poacher is right about our monks beer,but Stella Artois????:confused:
M8,the best belgian blond beer is Jupiler....I wished you could get your hands on a few bottles,you should feel the difference...;),but alas,we keep our best beers here,and export the lesser qualities...:D:p

Master

Gold Member
arrrgghhh..don´t go for beer from Aldi or Lidl

i have another nice drink here

Scotch Speyside Single Malt Whisky Dufftown 26 years...and it is from the UK ;)

@ RW Its a little trick the big brewers have in the UK they brew the beer "under licence" or whatever & when u examine the bottle u find hidden away "brewed in the UK" so its brewed to the UK idea of lager which quite frankly I wouldnt use to put out fires (water is better tasting) <> still the young drinkers consume the so called lagers by the bucket full but what do they know

@ Master that sounds like a very nice malt <> I sometimes partake of a malt myself but I prefer a good cognac Remy Martin Centaure Napoleon is the best I have but I usually imbibe any good VSOP (very special old pale) or Champagne cognac (nothing to do with the wine) <> in fact cognac is one of the few great things France has given the world.:cool: :D

Laz

I've been off the booze for a week as I'm on a bit of a detox thing.

Damn you guy's are making me feel thirsty! :D