pls help im confused dvdrb question

onyxbfly

Well it would seem that if I have a little good luck then I get a whole bunch of bad top go with it. HC19 does wonders. No issues there. Correct size too. (well a little on the low side) My new issues is that when I preview the files in DVDRB 1.21 the files have black bars on the left and the right side. Which to me indicates the 4:3 aspect ratio is trying to be forced in to 16:9 (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) I know that it is not supposed to be that way. I checked all of the options and nothing is checked that shouldn't be. PLS help I'm at my wits end with this one. This has never happened before while editing which files I want to leave in. This only started happening when I encoded an anime episode using HC to experiment how easy it was to use. I don't think I made any changes that would effect how DVDRB would preview the files. I have tried a system restore and uninstalling and reinstalling. I also tried preparing it with CCE to see if the issue was related to HC but it doesn't matter what I choose to encode with. All the files seem in the preview edit section are displayed with blk bars on the right and left side. PLS help TIA

Upgrade to RB 1.24.0 as its the latest.

So I assume the original DVD plays fine and in widescreen 16:9 and the encoded RB version is still 16:9 but with black bars left & right and squashing the picture?

onyxbfly

The original film is 4:3. But when I previously used DVDRB I had no issues in the preview/edit field. Now for what ever reason in the preview edit field it the previewd files or vobs are being displayed with black bars on the right and the left. I decided to encode the film anyway just to see if the result would have those bars on the sides as opposed to the top and bottom. The result was as if someone had zoomed in the picture. Like for example when you want to take out the letter box on a wide screen tv or change the aspect ration via the dvd remote control. It could be my dvd player as I no longer have the original remote and some one may have zoomed in or toyed with the aspect ratio, prior to the remote control becoming MIA. But I thought that when ever u get black bars on the right and the left that means you have taken a 4:3 picture and forced it to be wide screen. I will not pretend to lie to you. My understanding of Aspect ratios have always left a lot to be desired:)?

Thanks,

Onyxbfly