Please Help

Burn

I'm trying to backup Ice Wind Dale 2 using BlindWrite. In the log it claims it's done a good image copy, then when I go to put the image onto CD BlindWrite keeps ignoring the progology so I'm not getting a copy that will work. It’s really starting to P*** me off :mad: I'm using a Lite-on Combo LTC-48161HK0N Which I just got today.

Burn

weboneando said:
Try using Alcohol

I thought BlindWrite was better than alcohol, thats why I brought it. Or is it that Alcohol is better for the older games? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)

Burn said:
I thought BlindWrite was better than alcohol, thats why I brought it. Or is it that Alcohol is better for the older games? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)
I understood it as CloneCD was good for older games and Alcohol was good for everything. :D I find Alcohol to be the best at copying games.

Burn

Well I've tried CloneCD, BlindWrite, and even nero and It does not want to copy :confused: I haven't any idea why. Anyone got any ideas? I've just done a scan using A-Ray Scanner and it found 3 bad sectors. Is this why it wont copy? I'm not sure what it means when it says it found 3 bad sectors are they bad files in the game or somthing.

Last edited:
I agree with stone_burner you can copy it with any program. The only protection from what I've read is on it is CD-Check. So to fix that all you need is No-CD patch. This is the definition I found for CD-Checks:
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="105" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">Protection</td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">:</td> <td valign="top">CD-Checks</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="105" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">Info</td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">:</td> <td valign="top">This is the most common protection which is used to check if the CD is available or not. It is not really used as a Copy Protection.</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="105" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">Backup Solution</td> <td valign="top" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">:</td> <td valign="top">Separate patches are needed as there is no generic tool which removes CD-Checks. There are countless ways to check for the CD making it impossible! For older games there is a utility called Un-CDCheck. This utility can remove a common CD-Check from about 60% of the older games!

</td></tr></tbody> </table> Protection Info No-CD patches remove the CD-Check from a game (or application) so the CD (or backup CD) is not needed in the CD-ROM to play it. Usually additional data needs to be copied from the CD to the installation to get it to work.

Burn

Thanks for all your help guys, but it looks like I was a little late on learning how to backup my games/software. After hours of scanning and testing and getting a head ache I found that one of the files has got corrupted :( so looks like I won’t be able to play it anymore. This is a perfect example why we should back our stuff up. But like I said thanks for the help anyway.

Try cleaning the disc before you give up.Also try a slow read speed,like 2X.It sounds like a scratch.There are also disc cleaning kits that use a mild abrasive.I've heard Brasso works.Might be worth a try.

Other things to try are-
  1. CloneCD with regenerate data sectors option checked (use edited Data CD profile)
  2. CloneCD read at low speed with cue generated; image burn with fireburner at low speed using (important) sao cooked.
  3. discdump read (standard mode) with fireburner write at low speed using sao cooked.
Note that whilst option 1 above is the easiest, options 2 and 3 are much more reliable for getting a good copy of a damaged though unprotected cd. Options 2 and 3 enable all readable sectors to be extracted whilst burning using sao cooked repairs the damaged sectors; as a result those methods rarely fail so long as the original cd isn't copy protected. :)