Please help me with Outlook express before I pull my hair out!!!

noodles

Hiya :)

I've been having this problem with my Outook Express this week, all week long whenever I try to emtpy my deleted emails folder, I get this message:--

"some of the items in the 'Deleted Items' folder could not be deleted.
An error has occured"

This is so annoying :( I've tried everything, nothing will delete them. I tried 'select all' and pressed my delete button, tried deleting one by one, also tried to chage the setting to see if I can get it to empty when I log off, but whatever I try, I get the same message as above. :confused: :(

I tried the Microsoft site, and oh boy was that a waste of time! You'd think they'd know their own software!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :(

This is driving me mad now! :mad: :confused: I receive a lot of email so my deleted emails folder will be bursting out soon! Can anyone help me please!!!

Cheers,
Cait.

Did you try to remove them in safe mode?Seems that some program is protecting or using some of your mails....update your virusscanner and check your firewall logs :)

Doing a "Compact all folders" might help, but may also not be able to complete.

You could try creating a spare folder and moving messages there until you find the troublemakers - or try dumping a load into the spare folder and then deleteing the folder.

noodles

Hiya,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I dont know if I tried to delete them in safe mode, as I wouldn't know what that was if it punched me on the nose :eek: lol My virus programme is up to date, as for my firewall (Its the free version of zone alarm) I wouldn' know what to look for. I've not this problem ever before, so I'm not even sure of anything unusual to look out for.

The only thing which is different on my computer is I got a new Kodak digital camera and installed the software, but that can't be it, can it? :confused: to my knowledge, I've not been sent a virus as my virus programme usually quarantines them as soon as there is one, so I'm completely stuck as what to do :confused:

Cheers,
Cait

noodles

"Doing a "Compact all folders" might help, but may also not be able to complete.

You could try creating a spare folder and moving messages there until you find the troublemakers - or try dumping a load into the spare folder and then deleteing the folder"

I'm not really sure how to do that.. :/ .

do a file search in Windows for *.dbx
you will find a file named "Deleted Emails.dbx" (or similar), select this file and hit Shift+Del;

oh, i'm too late; :( :D

Greetings from
Duracell