Playstation

Hi Woody!!! I changed my Phillips PCRW-1208 for a Sony CRX-1611. Now I'm able to copy 64bits subcodes, but can I burn Playstation Cd as well???
Amplify weak sectors option is usefull now with my new burner???
(For Safedisc 2 ???)

Hi bud.Are you sure the Sony won't do 96 bytes?Hopefully the Sony will do Safedisc2 with the new Clone cd versions.Some of the Sony's still can't do it.Use a slow read speed 4X for starters.Good luck with it!

Here is a good Site for Playstation games.Check the games listings to see if they are protected or not(use the scroll bar at the top of the page)There are also some good articles there to help you.

h**p://www.geocities.com/psxcplist/

Look in our news and info section for Safedisc2 titles to try.;)

I checked your writer at the Clone cd site>it will read and write 96 bytes subchannel data.So it is definitely a go for Psx and protected(libcrypt) psx!;)

So ?

I have found a page that say Playstation Cds are made with special writer. So are you sure that my writer can write libcrypt informations??? I want to play Cds without using a MOD chip.

Find a place that sells modchips for the the Playstation.I just took for granted you had one installed(thanks Roadworker!)I found a guy in my local newspaper that installs thems.They have to be soldered into the Playstation.Ask your friends where they got theirs installed.The modchip is the best way to go.Ask for the most recent Stealth modchip.

A gameshark will also work but you need to find the codes to start some of the games.I prefer the modchip.

Hi guys, I've been reading your discussiond and might be able to help. I 'm not real sure of some of the teco jargon but I'll let you know what I do.
As far as I know you need a chip so your ps will read cdr's
I use clone and a Sony CRX 140e burner. The settings are fairly simple, just make sure you read subchannel data.
I've been burning bakups for about 6 months and have had 100% success rate.
I installed my own chip. It's fairly easy if you have a steady hand. I used the new Mega Mod 3 chip available from,
h**p://www.modchip-au.com
They sell the chips and have online instalation diagrams.

HI Boondi.Welcome to the forum!Thanks for your input!It is helpful.I wasn't very thorough with my details in the post.I took for granted his Playstation was modded.;)

I didn't mention doing the chip on his own because the solder points are different, for different models of the Playstation.Bad soldering,too much heat, etc.can screw up your console.I don't want to be responsible for that.Doing it yourself is the cheapest method.Your site link is very informative.

Psx settings for Clone cd are read subchannel from audio and data tracks.Write settings are,do not correct subchannel data,always close last session.That takes care of unprotected and Libcrypt psx(taken from Clone cd site).

Most patches requres that the image is .bin.Just make a .bin image download the patch/program and patch it.Thats it.
h**p://www.megagames.com
h**p://www.gamefreax.de

Damn, I feel like a novice when it comes to Playstation and I never paid any attention. However, I just bought my grandson a new Playstation2 and he is just 5 years old and I would love to let him play with a backup copy of those games as he may be pretty rough on those disks. So could someone point me to a FAQ or some type of copying primer for these Playstations as I tried to look around and felt a bit overwhelmed and way behind the curve.

Also, I live in New York and he lives in Arizona (I just came back) so I'd love to find a way around this that does not require any soldering.:D

Hi Ken.Seems I am a novice too on this PS2 subject.For PS2 tutorials and utilities try w*w.megagames.com This site was mentioned by another member.Check out the PS2 section.Be advised that Sony is trying to stop modchip manufacturers from selling modchips for the PS2.Looks like they might have succeeded.

MODCHIPS

There r 3 most known modchips for PS2 :

1. SCHP xxxx
2. NEO 4
3. MASSIAH

By far, Massiah is the most powerful and is being sued by Sony.

SCHP is the most popular coz it is cheat, + the fact that Messiah does not do small orders.

The latest VCD games (not DVD) are over 74mins and the old generation of modchips cannot read them. So make sure u get the latest unless U r playing originals.

Thanks for that bud!Here is a site that shows the chips,and has Ps2 info.

h**p://www.consolesource.com/playstation2/