play games from all regions?

i've got a chipped jap ps2 that lets me play backups. but i'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a patch that will let me play games (or backups) from europe as well? (i'm one of the lucky ones who has a model that they cant chip to play games from any region)

the messiah 2 pro will chip EVERY ps2 version from EVERY region from the original jap 1000 to the latest euro model so that should help you a bit ;)

thx!! but will having a chip in a already (dont really know what it is since it was done in hong kong) mean i cant put another chip in? ie. if it's in the way or something

no, its normaly just a case of de soldering the old chip, the jap chips were pretty basic to say the least so no more than 10 wires to remove (most likely 5-8). the code in your chip sounds very like the early neo code (which it probably was as neo gave away the code for free) easiest way to test is to try booting a "backup" ps1 game using the normal ea boot (ie hold reset) method, but with the action replay bonus disc instead of the ar2 disc, if its neo code it will play the import backup (a not often publicised little trick;)) if it does then it is possible to play dvdr backups using the ar2 (v1.9 or later) and a dvd with a large toc size. i'm not saying its an easy task as it requires multiple disc swaps but it IS possible. if however it is not the original neo code i'm afraid that you'll require a new chip and that being the case you may as well get the best which atm is the messiah 2 pro