Pioneer DVD Rom DVD-106

Does anyone have a Pioneer DVD ROM model DVD-106? If so, do you know if it has DMA functionality on it? If so, how do you switch it on? I have tried via Power DVDs Diagnostic Program but it is grayed out..... On WinDVD if i select Hardware Acceleration, it makes the picture choppy... does enabling DMA have the same effect as hardware acceleration?

Well, I'm using your least favourite O/S Dave.... XP :D
Everything seems fine except on Windows Media Player, the
screen flickers whilst trying to watch a DVD. On Nvidia's NVDVD Software I got messages about problems with DirectDraw but I checked DXDIAG and no probs were reported... it's a complete mystery to me, that's the reason I thought enabling DMA would help.

i'm installing new stuff all the time as I can't help myself... if I think something looks good, i'll install it! I never learn....:( I thought it may've been Nero that disabled the DMA as I installed that last week purely for the purpose to make W.M Player burn audio cd's, something to do with a driver that WMP works well with... but i uninstalled Nero this afternoon and it made no difference...

Oh sh**
Disable xp internal burning engine.
Its EZCD and will kill your system.
Maybe not kill it but...................
Its not Nero to blame.
Its XP and roxio.

I'm petty sure it's udma 66 you 'll have to turn dma on in the bios. It should be under integrated peripherals, just set udma to auto or enable. Check to see if is on at the post screen. It should say ata 66 or something like that you'll have to look fast. I have a 105 and it's udma 33.

If it helps

I just bought pc(some time ago),and came with pioneer dvd-117 dvd....Picture is good,and cameon with dma enabled.......

Pioneer dvd 117

2 words
I love it
Great picture
Works with just about all softwares thats for dvd players.
its a great 16x40x dvd its been 6 flawless months of enjoyment with a lot of use. I got the oem version over the Sony and MSI the store had and
cdspeed2000.com list of the best top 77 dvd it came in at 7th and in fact 7th-10 all pioneers and about 5-7 more are in the list.

Link
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=dvdresults.php3

All DVD in bios if on auto will 9 out of 10 times be 4/2 and under primary ide its ultra dma mode 4 as for all cdrw they are if on auto 4/2 and udma2

Last edited: