Pioneer 108 Burning Speed

Clayman

Hiyah all, as said in my intro, I am a complete newbie to the DVD Burning scene, so if my question seems a little basic, please excuse my ignorance :eek:

I have searched through the various 108 threads, but not, as yet seen an answer suitable to my problem, if there is one that I have missed, again please excuse me ;)

My question is this ....

Having bought a Pioneer 108 DX ( Firmware V1.10 ) I still seem to be burning at a very low speed, i.e, taking up to 30+mins to burn a standard length DVD movie. Do I need to download any firmware updates so as to enable the faster burning facility ??

The quality of the back ups is perfect in every respect, so I have no problems in those areas.

I am currently using the following ...

Ritek Piodata DVD-R 8x disks
Nero V3.1.20
DVD Shrink V3.2.015

Burner specs can be seen here ...

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?lang=&product=EXS5078&session=d3226782a92982dc5aeda4c79e2f215f

Thanks in advance for any help / advice :cool:

Last edited:
Clayman said:
Having bought a Pioneer 108 DX ( Firmware V1.10 ) I still seem to be burning at a very low speed, i.e, taking up to 30+mins to burn a standard length DVD movie. Do I need to download any firmware updates so as to enable the faster burning facility ??
if you have problems, then firmware updating is recommended;

also check if DMA is enabled: http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=32137

What burning software are you using? if Nero, please attach the Nero log file here, so we can look for conflicting drivers; the Nero log file is called "NeroHistory.log" and is stored in the Nero program folder; when posting the file please delete out your Nero serial number;

Greetings from
Duracell

Clayman

Thanks for your speedy reply Duracell :cool:

I took the easy option first and enabled DMA, it worked a treat, many thanks for that ;)

I burned a standard length DVD ( 90 mins ), full movie, chapters and all, in 7 mins. The quality of both video and audio is still excellent, so I am now a very happy bunny :D

Many thanks again for your help and advice, it is very much appreciated :)