Pile of sh*t game for the PS1

Just hired from BlockBuster Videos the PlayStation One game "The Italian Job"

Didn't even bother to make a copy. What the hell are they thinking producing such a crappy game, as if we are dealing with a Sinclair ZX Spectrum and not a high quality gaming system.

I know the PS1 is showing its age abit now but it's still a very good console. Surely game designers can do better than this. Poor graphics, sounds that got on my f*cking nerves after 2 minutes, unable to click and move past the intro part of each section, pi*s poor collision detection....the list goes on. I didn't make a copy as I wouldn't waste a blank CD on it.

I felt ripped off having to pay the rental charge, god knows how the poor buggers feel who must have payed $40 + to actually buy this. Bit much to pay for what will no doubt be rapidly employed as a coaster within a few days of purchase. Stops the coffee rings on the table top I guess ;)

When you compare this to some of the other games available for the PS1, which have excellent graphics, sounds, game play.....

Me thinks it is time to invest in either a PS2 or X-box, as it appears to me that they're just not trying anymore with the PS1.

Just my 2 cents worth, as I couldn't get over how bad it was.

....DreeM :)

Last edited:
i agree there are too many pants games out there for ps1 i have loads that would not even justfy a cover cd on a mag :(

i find a lot of the role play games like ff etc are just plain too the samey yeah i hate em how people can like them i'll never know !? ho hum !? each to there own i spose !? :confused: i like the tomb raider series of games there good and gran tourismo 1 and 2 are good too as it mg solid ! sypro games are good too but games that spring to mind that are just plain bum wipe material are harry pothead waste of space game the fifth element , E.T. hummmm i think there is a link here to pants games with film tie in's lol !
:D

oh and not forgetting pop star maker and spice world waste of time do not pass go do not collect 200£ / $ / € head straight to bin/waste/coffee cup bottom!

ive long begrudged the thought of how can they seriously justify the £30 - £50 price tag for new games !? there more like £10 games and some of them are not worth that :(

I accually bought this game played it,It was so crap that I returned it saying there was a scratch on the bottem :mad: Which I acually put there :D

Well the ps1 have some games that are still good but it's 1 of 100. So damn big difference in graphics and gameplay on them and ps2 too that i think some developers should be shot for not trying. Even tho i had my ps2 chipped it wasn't worth it with all the poor games. Easyer to buy the once you want(about 5 a year) and leave the rest of the crap.