PAL to NTSC?

I dled FF8 disk 3, turns out its PAL instead of NTSC. So it won't play on my system. I need a patch or somthing can anyone help me?

ps one i presume !? find and download ZAPPER its a pal to ntsc / ntsc to pal patch maker and patcher :) is used on BIN files which games aquired are usually in cue and bin file format anyhow :)

Well i found the program applyed the patch then burned then burned, but i didn't read the whole how to. Dose it really matter if you use ez cd creamator for burning? and useing cdrwin to rip when its alrdy ripped to your HD? the img was in clony format when i burned so that might have had some effect. But the game was all flickery i don't know why. How do i fix this?

hmmmmm i presonally prefer to use CDRWIN 3.9 to both image the disk and then patch ntsc > pal (works either way) search the image file and make a patch then apply this patch to the BIN file made with CDRWIN then reburn it with CDRWIN :)

assuming that u have a burnt copy that u made with clone cd use this to make the image to be patched with zapper......

to image with CDRWIN ... choose EXTRACT DISC/tracks/sector

tick the box marked extract mode (disk image/cue sheet)

reading options as RAW , jitter to auto and sub code analysis to auto !

choose an image file name and directory to image to then image the disk to your hard disk !

run zapper and locate your bin file and set zapper to search the image file for the color information locations and make a patch file ! PAL>NTSC

then apply this patch to the BIN file u made and then reburn this with CDRWIN load the cue sheet in in record options dotn change any settings and just burn it !!

it should now work ok :)

CDRW will prolly not work in a playstation !? they certainly dont work in my playstation (original playstation) ... you could burn the playstaion game to the CDRW before using CDRWIN.. to re image the disk (image the cdrw disk with the unpatched game on to hard disk and then patch!) so you save using two disks :)....... and burn to cdr when you have patched the image on your hard disk :).... blank cdr are pretty cheap to test with anyhow :)

follow my guide and you should be able to get it solved :)

well i used a cdr got and error, then used a cdrw and got a error.

the error was:

Error: "WRITE" command failed on device 3:0:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected (04h 00h 02h 03h 73h 03h)

It happened with both disk. :confused:

ok try to use CDMATE to make a bin and cue file or fireburner :)

or try reducing the burn speed ... but dont want to waste too many cdrs here so try some other burn tools that make bin and cue files :)

well that did it. I got it burned it at 4x and everything. But now i ain't got no video or audio. I'll try somthing to get it to work.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm check yer video leads !? or get a dedicated playstation scart lead to force your tvs av signal you dont need to patch to use the disks either !?

the patch avoids the expense of a scart cable and the need to possibly buy a tv that can cop with the change in tv signal 50hz or 60htz pal and ntsc respectivly !

you can just use the standard ariel lead that came with the playstation ! :)

also a note here is that there is a boot disk out there that will change pal to ntsc and ntsc to pal try here >

http://www.geocities.com/first_wizard_zorrander/ntsc2pal.html

it also has a guide for ntsc to pal with a different program to zapper :)