Overwhelmed

trufeitor

Hello again, I wrote some days ago seeking help because my burner didn't worked. I almost can't believe what I'm about to tell. After writing I noticed that my burner (NEC 2500a) couldn't even read/write any cd/dvd, despite Win XP recognizes it and tells it's working, so I thought it was broken. But I give it to a friend and works perfectly in his computer, so I think the problem is in my aspi drivers (because of some hints given to me in reply for my previous thread) and I follow all the instructions to change them (deactivating the IMAPI xp recording too). After reinstalling my burner it works perfectly, and I can burn two DVDs, then I turn Nero off, open DVD Shrink, backup several DVDs and open Nero again to begin my third burning, click on burn image, Nero asks me for a blank DVD which I insert in the tray and... Guess... My burner tells me I have inserted nothing and I can no longer read or write cds/dvds in my burner despite having reinstalled aspi (again) and everything.

So I'm a little bit dispaired with this situation and I am thinking of reinstalling my OS if I can't find a solution, and believe me, I don't want to, so...

Please HELP!