one last shout for dreamcast

Treasure have finaly confirmed the release (in japan) of the final dreamcast title, luckily its a cracker :D

IKARUGA for the Dremcast released on 5th, September 2002.

In my opinion it is the best shooting game for the Dreamcast and it is a "MUST" game for all DC users.

Oh and it looks better than any shootem up on the ps2 :)

ABCMan

to check out the (jap) homepage, with some real nice screenshots try here

htp://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/product/ikaruga/ikarugadc.html

sniff the Dreamcast would have been in my opinion the best system ever if it was better supported.

Developers found it easy to program for, and hell, no mod chips were needed, so you got the best of both worlds!
It even had a seldom-used broadband adapater before any other console did.

one thing i love bout my dreamcast is the vast amount of emulators you can make and use on it nostalgia days here we come lol

gameboy color
game gear
master system
nes
snes
colicovision
atari 2600
atari 800xl
megadrive
neo geo pocket
mame
zx spectrum

the homebrew games etc ..

then there is the DIVX player that works great with all divx out there

and the vcd player (hard to get hold of but works great)

and the mp3 player and not forgettin the games are great too !!

i think sega were foolish to drop it as it was the best console they had released ! altho they do make killer sports games for most systems now ! i still think they should of kept it going ! or re released it with a DVD drive ! :D

prime said:

It even had a seldom-used broadband adapater

Errr..... I hope you are joking there? how do you think you got all those "free" games? for a long time the bb adaptor was the only way to rip the dc games, so barely seldom used as it was often in use for weeks on end getting releases ready before the cables became available.

really? I had NO idea they used the broadband adapter to rip games. I thought I heard they opened the unit up and spliced a cable from the DC to PS2 to transfer games... this seems to also make sense since the BBA came out in December, but games were being ripped in June of that year?

there were third party bb adaptors out in japan :) yes i think the VERY FIRST ones were a spliced cable, then the bb adaptor, then the so called coders cable, why do you think so many gc owners are waiting to get their hands on a gg bb adaptor? (hint its not to play phantasy star online ;))

anyway its fookin late here (6:30am) so i'm off to bed :D

catch you guys l8r
ABCMan