Old Yamaha Recorder badly supported!

Hi,

Someone could me explain why Olly (CloneCD author) decided to limit old yamaha cd-recorder (like 4260 scsi modéle) !?

With Previous CloneCD version theses recorder was fully RAW96byte compatible as Reader ! (and it's true!) and now using last version theses drives can only read as RAW2352 ONLY !!!

So, when few times somes CDRSoftware Authors say "sorry, i cannot do this because the hardware can't support this mode...etc) where is the truth ?!

Last edited:
Hmmm...Okay.I always thought the older Yamaha's could only do raw(safedisc,lazorlock).I never heard of them copying Securom or Libcrypt or CD&G(karaoke).If you can do these protections,Great!Then use an older version of clone cd.

Writers are usually based on the software developer's testing,and input from users.Maybe he found these drives not consistent enough.I always thought the older Yammies could only read and write RAW.:confused:

For 'writing' OK... I Agree ! ;)
Only RAW 2352 is supported

BUT as READER ! if you see on older CCD version (v2.xx)
IT CAN SUPPORT FULL SUBCODE RAW96 READING ! (usefull to read Libcrypt & Securom 1/2) .... :(

So, AS READER older Yamaha could be an Pretty usefull reader (instead of writer) under CCD...only depend of Olly .

(why must i pay a another raw96 compatible Reader, when my mine was supported on the past !?)

;)

I see your point bud!;)

I think this question is best directed to Olli at Elby.Try an email,but you could wait a while because he is a busy guy.