Old Cubase 32v5.1 Question

Hello, I am new to the forum, it seems quite helpful though. I still use an old version of cubase, and everytime i start it up, i get a sample rate conversion message. It says -

The Song Sample Rate does not match the current Sample Rate! Set to Match?

What do you make of this? The program has been running fine for me, i would just like to know why this happens for peace of mind more than anything else. Thanks very much.

this is telling you that the sample rate that you´re using in your project is different from the one set for your soundcard, to solve this you have to set the sample rate in your sound card to be the same as the one in your project, the souncard settings is found in Devices/Device setup/Vst multitrack.

The settings for sample rate that you can use depend on your soundcard capabilities, almost all profesional soundcards have various sample rate capabilities but if you´re using a soundblaster Live or Audigy then you´re stuck at 48000 Khz because of limitations of the chip, in this case you can change your project sample rate at Project/project setup.

and as additional info:
the final destination sample rate for an AudioCD production is 44.100 kHz

Greetings from
Duracell