Office Network IP monitoring.

Hello everyone.

I am looking after a small office network right now which has limited Internet access. A few (unknown) users continually manage to take all of the bandwidth to themselves leaving others without Internet access. I installed Sygate office network which could record internet activity and log the IP address and size of file downloaded from the net. This seemed ideal but the problem is that it is not very stable with XP. So my question is; Can anyone recommend another program with the same functions? I am open to any suggestions.

Regards to all

(Woody, I hope this is the correct section). Apologies if not.

Peckish

Have you thought of using a software based firewall/router/dial on demand box. Smoothwall (w*w.smoothwall.org) is a free software-based router/firewall software which allows you to monitor and report on all traffic going through it and the best thing about it is that it will run on an old 486 with 16MB of RAM and 100MB hard drive. You can set it up as a NAT box and control it remotely. It does have its fault howerver, I can actively monitor all ports and lock out those which seem to be causing me trouble.

I hope this helps

P2000