Oem Benq Dw1650

jondoh

I purchased a BENQ DW1650 that should have installed very easily without a CD. It didn't, but I managed to get it going by using the driver update from the BENQ site. Great, but the stupid Windows Camera Wizard won't stop popping up. Does this mean the drive might not be fully loaded? It burned a DVD with no problems. Anyway, how do I get rid of the Wizard? -- Thanks.

This is a fairly ordinary Atapi DVD burner, which does not require absolutely any sort of driver to operate- unless you are still using Windows 3.11
If you mean you've installed something from here then it was definitely not necessary to make the burner operative.

jondoh

Here's the surprisingly simple solution in case anybody ever needs it:

http://tools.supportforyourpc.com/get_article.asp?aid=1094

FIX: New Hardware Wizard Appears At Every Boot Up--Hardware Is Already Loaded
(Article: 1094)

Summary:

Upon each Boot of the system the Add New Hardware Wizard comes up (usually for the printer or scanner) even though the peripheral is loaded and working.

Symptom:

Upon each Boot of the system the Add New Hardware Wizard comes up (usually for the printer or scanner) even though the peripheral is loaded and working.

Cause:

Microsoft states that this is a known issue in WinXP Home & Pro when a peripheral is loaded without using the hardware wizard.

Resolution:

When the Add New Hardware Wizard comes up at boot press NEXT and let it run-at the end it will still say it cannot find the software but click FINISH instead of CANCEL and the wizard will stop coming up