Nvidia's NVIEW Removal

does anybody knows any way to COMPLETELY disable nview
the damn thing although i disable it from the display properties it keeps coming back.....

disable

i had to clear a entry in "HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Run" manually

now i don' t know the correct name but he was logically

Start\Run type msconfig then in the box that opens go to the startup tab and uncheck the nview box from there ...reboot when it asks and its sorted

If you look at THIS set of install shots
h**p://www.xp-erience.org/nviewg4.htm

The setting to "Automatically enable nView when starting Windows" is optional, and it would appear to be reversible using the WIZARD button (see last shot on the page)

Looks like some features may be usable even in single monitor (transparency, and multiple desktops)
though transparancy in selected programs (eg. Trillian) is normally only possible in XP/2000

.... I'm about to "upgrade" to a Geforce MX2 - well, from a RAGE128, it IS an upgrade - and with a power consumption of <4w, it should keep my rather fussy m/b happy - tried a S3 Savage 2000 and it wouldn't post.

nview has interesting programming

if you go to control panel and double click nview, it will open up the config settings of nview. On first install it should usually be enabled so just click the disable nview. This is where it gets interesting if you have the urge to find out if you disabled it and double click nview again it will show you it is disabled but on close of that config it will re-enable itself due to that double click. I just use jv16.org's powertools and remove it from my startup items and then just double click once to see it enabled and i click disabled thats all. i never seen it again even after numerous updating.:cool: