Not sure where to post, but...

Shoshanna

Hey everyone :)

I have been lurking here for a little bit, but this question has gotten the best of me and my curiosity... I did some extensive searching (this site, others, google...) and maddeningly have found almost nothing on it! :( I have some games in bin/cue format and I was wondering if I could mount them with Daemon Tools and "rip" the mounted image with software like CloneCD, or Alcohol 120 or BlindWrite, and if it would work as a "cloned" image, i.e. one that was ripped from a source CD... Sorry if this question is a bit silly, I actually know it can "rip" the image, I just dont know if it would work, I am still new at all of this, but I am learning;) TIA :D

*edit* and now I see "beginners place" ... oh well

Last edited:
Hi & Welcome Shoshanna :)

I find the best thing 2 do is use nero or any other cd software that burns cue/bin 2 open the cue image (file/open, U might have to open the drop down filetypes list 2 find cue)then burn, U can use Alcohol or Daemon Tools 2 mount the image, ie it will act like a virtual cd drive allowing U 2 install or run it, if U use nero, U wont have 2 rip it as it will make a functional cd from the cue/bin files

We can only help U with games U own, or if they backups :)So i hope that U own them :)

BaNzI:D

If you clone a cracked BIN/CUE, then you of course just get a cloned copy of the same cracked CD.

That said, if it was not cracked just not 1:1 and the image was of a SafeDisc1 game, then you could use the fast dump technique to re-add the missing bad sectors.
A similar thing could be done with Securom v4.8.x if you could find a BWA/MDS for the image.

Personally I wouldn't recommend using Nero to burn BIN/CUE's.