Noob Wavelab and Sony/SF Noise Reduction Plug-in

Once I have recorded an LP side to the the hard drive. How do I use the Sony/SF Noise Reduction Plug-ins to clean it up? I know how to put them in the Master Selection (Effects); but what do I do afterwards? :confused:

Well,you try to take the hum,noise clicks whatewer out..You have a prewiev button there,so its no hard..If you are looking for a magic button-it aint one :p Its a try and error and again..again..until you are satisfied :)

open your file with wavelab, go to were filters are selected and select SF Click and Crackle removal or Noise Reduction.

there you will find that there are several pre-programmed settings for various tasks. For Click and Crackle removal "default for vinyl recordings" works pretty well most of the time. But there are several options to choose for, and you can always play with all the different parameters.

If you are picky, after running this over a copy of your original digitalized LP file, using a good pair of headphones you go trough listening the processed file stopping were you still hear-find glitches and then manually or locally with some filter over that section of your file you redraw it until it sounds fine to you (by practice you'll get and expert, this is art or craftsmanship).

After all declick and decrackle is done you use the Noise Reduction filter. These filters come with a help file, or you can download the manual, it's highly advisable to read them in order to get the most out of this great tools. After that it's just a matter of practice. You won't believe how good your precious old LP's can get to sound after all this is done :)

Last edited: