Non standard audio

Hi,

I have a CD, the one that plays in Starbuck's.

I want to extract the audio from the cd so I looked at how the cd was made:

When opened in explorer, there is 2 files:
DATA.TXT 131 Kb
PLAYDISC.AUD 635 552 Kb

The DATA.TXT look like this:

[Playlist]
Version=3.1
ID=98002
Title=STARBUCKS DISC 22 BBQ PARTY
Programs=10
Songs=420
ProgramAdvance=0
SongAdvance=0
Expiration=2001/06/12
StartTime=05:00
EndTime=05:00

[Program1]
ID=4938
Title=MAMBO 2000
StartTime=05:00
EndTime=08:00
ProgramPlay=Next
MaxPlayTime=0
SongPlay=Random
Songs=50
Commercials=0

[Song1]
ID=48336.WAV
Title=DONDE ESTA COTO
Artist=CUBANISMO
Start=2048
Length=3192644

[Song2]
ID=48331.WAV
Title=EL PASO DE ENCARNACION
Artist=CUBANISMO
Start=3192832
Length=3199436

[Song3]
ID=48339.WAV
Title=EN LAS DELICIAS
Artist=CUBANISMO
Start=6393856
Length=3734684

[Song419]
ID=56825.WAV
Title=WELCOME TO THE PARTY
Artist=HAR-YOU PERCUSSION GROUP
Start=319553536
Length=4899484

[Song420]
ID=183935.WAV
Title=WHATCHA SEE IS WHATCHA GET
Artist=DRAMATICS
Start=324454400
Length=2157150

[End of file]

It seems that the "Start=" and "Lenght=" says to the player where to look for playing the songs...

How can I extract those? Is this some "sector address" or something? Wich program could make this?

Tanks!!!

I saw few key2audio.....this is definetly not that..like 80-90%sure..Looks like this txt is kind of playlist-- or some kind of cueshit and other part is songs....I think you need a player which will read this...Cant say more.never had a chance to rip something like that..Is it written on cover you need a player for this???

This should NOT be an audio CD, but a data CD containing compressed format music (something like poor quality MP3's- I think those CD's playback for 12 hours!), and being able to play only on authorized hardware/standalones... like the ones Playnetwork distributes.

A couple of google searches throw up the same questions, but no answers

http://www.playnetworkonline.com/subscription.asp - the PC player software is $79.99

http://www.playnetworkonline.com/help/faq.asp
The format used is MONO, and is not MP3 - it also times out, but that may be enforced by the player, rather than by any standard form of DRM.

The challenge is on!
Unless they invented their own encoding, and if you believe "not MP3", then that leaves a reasonable set of possibilities - and the actual data may or may not be further encoded.

zver said:
I saw few key2audio.....this is definetly not that..like 80-90%sure..Looks like this txt is kind of playlist-- or some kind of cueshit and other part is songs....I think you need a player which will read this...Cant say more.never had a chance to rip something like that..Is it written on cover you need a player for this???
Thanks Zver!

Luckily, never came across a protected audio disc yet.Nobody was replying to the question,so had to try. ;)

woody said:
Thanks Zver!

Luckily, never came across a protected audio disc yet.Nobody was replying to the question,so had to try. ;)
Np bud..Didnt wanna make you look bad..its just...was almost sure wasnt that :)

There is a logo on it:
Playnetwork
It needs the playnetwork cd player to play.

I tried CDRWin v3.9 to rip from sector address, but it gives me some errors...
Since the first song is at 2048, maybe its a clue of the CD format?
What do you think guys?

hehe thanks crumpled :)

my girldfriend doesn't work anymore at starbuck so maybe ill just make her a personnalise cd :)

tanks!