no limit broadband

cnrke

can any one advise me on a no download time limit broadband server. I'm getting cut off by my present server. I signed up for no limits. Here's the email I recieved off them.

Important Information about your Tiscali account

We notice that your recent usage has been extremely high on your broadband account. Unfortunately your current level of usage is adversely affecting the service we can offer other users.

All of our users have the right to an acceptable quality service and to ensure this, Tiscali employs a fair usage policy. This gives Tiscali the right to terminate the accounts of customers whose usage is adversely affecting other customers' quality of service. This is detailed in clauses 5.9 and 13.2.4 of the Terms and Conditions of our Broadband service.

Your Tiscali Broadband account will therefore be terminated on May 1st 2005. In the meantime we will manage your broadband usage at peak times, to ensure it does not adversely affect other customers. This means you will share available bandwidth at these times, with other users also identified as having extremely high usage.

If you would like to cancel your account straight away please email bbcanx@uk.tiscali.com

Alternatively, if you have a query regarding this letter then you can email broadbandservices@uk.tiscali.com

Yours sincerely,

Tiscali Customer Service Team.

To view our terms and conditions please visit: http://www.tiscali.co.uk/broadband/tcs.html

For more information on our fair usage policy go to:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/aboutus/aup.html

Please also note that Tiscali does not support migrations. Once your account has been cancelled it will take BT approximately 10 days to release your line.

i guess you have hammered it beyond reasonable use !?

check the fine print to whats acceptable sure no limits can mean no limits but still within reason ?!

this part
Tiscali the right to terminate the accounts of customers whose usage is adversely affecting other customers' quality of service. This is detailed in clauses 5.9 and 13.2.4 of the Terms and Conditions of our Broadband service.
tells me you live in a busy area for broadband and you are slowing other users or sucking their bandwith too at the server end :)

no doubt you are on a CONTENTION RATIO of something like 100:1 or 50:1 meaning you share the link at their end with 100 or 50 users depending on the 1st number if they are experiencing some sort of slowdown and perhaps complained that their speed is slower maby there are more than just you doing this so they then look into the matter and close down these accounts :(

you could question the matter of what NO LIMITS entails but read the clauses outlined in sections 5.9 and 13.2.4 of your contract and see if you have broken any rulings !?

i've found them and these are as follows ...

header of section 13 is

13 Termination of this Agreement

5.9 You acknowledge that Broadband Services are provided to other users and we owe a duty to these users as a whole to preserve our network integrity and avoid network degradation. If, in our reasonable opinion, we believe that your use of the Broadband Services has or may adversely affect such network integrity or may cause network degradation we may change your chosen access rate or manage your Broadband Services as we see fit in the circumstances.
13.2.4 if you use the Broadband Services in contravention of any of Clauses 5, 7 and 9;
seems to me that you are unlimited but CONTENDED as above :)

i use pipex bb i get 1meg for about 30ish quid

no cap ive seen me downloading 50gig in a month

had no real problems with them have heard of other with customer support woes but last time i phoned them lad was really helpful

also some where else you could look is www.adslguide.org (think thats right address)

they offer list of most/all isp and there cost you also can read users feedback about the isp's

A story repeated on many UK ISP forums - Tiscali are getting a very bad reputation.

1. You signed up for unlimited - and that is precisely what they sold it as
2. They changed your conditions, without telling you
3. Instead of requesting that you moderate your usage, they kick you
4. Don't expect an easy migration - they won't give you whatever that migration code is called

Basically, Tiscali are dumping the users they don't want, in a sneaky and underhand manner.

There are some "big" broadbands, with chunky limits - can't remember, but one was 500Gb, while another "unlimited" had a target average of 10Gb, and 100Gb as an abuse threshold.

"Unlimited" can last only as long as the over-use by a few is balanced by the under-use of most - otherwise there have to be measures like a capped limit, capped slowdown, or "forced contention", where all the bad boys share one link of limited capacity.

I d/l a massive amount on a 2mb Blueyonder connection, had no probs about limits or anythin, in fact they advertise it as Unlimited :)

BaNzI :D

cnrke

is blueyonder via cable if so it's no good to me as we don't have cable in our area. Thanks for the advice.

we have 3mb now unlimited no hassles either for £40 a month :)

then again we also have our own telecoms company too and they own the isp :)

Yeah Blueyonder is via cable, maybe check at their site to see if they anyway near U :)

@VIPER, but whats Ur upload speeds m8, mine is 2mb down & only a poxy 256k up & that costs £35 a month :(

@banzi 384kbps upload :)

cosidering banzi i was paying £40 a month for dialup 24/7 not so long back 2 years or so lol this is great lol :)

saying that my 512k was £40 then reduced to £35 then was given the option of 1.5mb for £40 then that was reduced to £35 lol prices are like a darn yo-yo lol :)

£40 for 3mb is a nice price :)

Yer a lucky so & so VIPER m8 :)

I started with the 512k service, then boosted it to 1mb, then BY decided to give us two free ugrades, first to 1.5mb, then up to 2mb for still the same price.

The 3mb service they had got a free boost right up to 4mb with a upload boost to about the same speed as Urs, but they want £50 a month for that :(

WOW..I ALWAYS GET SCARED WHEN READ ABOUT HIGH SPEED PRICES elsewhere..
here in canada-35 can dollars for 3mb down and 640k up-unlimited bandwith---tested till death :D :D

Dam in the states by me its cable ($49.95) or DSL ($29.95).
DSL claims to be "Service provisioned will be up to 3.0 Mbps" but if it rains or the wind blows right you have no service. On the other hand cable with online test says its 8270 / 889 (thats slow now), but I wonder.

The phone company is working on a new system and they claims it will be faster and cheaper when they get done, two years from now.

02coled

hello
i did use AOL although some people dont like them BUT they are UNLIMITED downloads and never had or heard of any problems from them
cya
Damian

I am with e7even 1mb unlimited , unmetered (+ believe me its true)
Paid £120 up front (works out £10 a month) also had 3 months free.

They are a new company and they have had some teething problems but everything has been fine for me throughout.

At the moment they are only taking subscriptions on a monthly basis because of the huge amount of people joining them for 12 months.

When they start doing the 12 month offers again I highly recommend !!

https://www.e7broadband.com/ ;)

Customer support is a bit poor if there is a problem, but i havent had any so i dont care !!!

Last edited:

obama5493

Banned
Yeah Blueyonder is via cable, maybe check at their site to see if they anyway near U :)

@VIPER, but whats Ur upload speeds m8, mine is 2mb down & only a poxy 256k up & that costs £35 a month :(

saying that my 512k was £40 then reduced to £35 then was given the option of 1.5mb for £40 then that was reduced to £35 lol prices are like a darn yo-yo lol