New version popupkiller145build4

I tested a few popupkillers like the one in ZoneAlarm3, Meaya-ad filter, Zeropopup3 and PopUpCop20015, the one i liked the most however was a older one, popupkiller145b2 witch was sadly discontinued. ZA3 and PopUpCop (witch looks exelent) interfere with your browser so it loses a little speed. Meaya Ad Filter looks very much the same as the older popupkiller, works very well, but it loses out on a few functions.

But hey, i discovered a all new version of Popupkiller. The new version number is 145build4 from 29 august 2002. It is quicker than before has a whitelist, and a exclusionlist, you can set the number of simultanious windows etc. If you go to the xfx-page (the former developer) you discover that there is a link to meaya ad filter. So it looks like that meaya is build on the popupkiller-core. More than a resemblence? Anyway popupkiller is freeware and for those who wanna have the new version popupkiller145b4, i attached it for ya. Have fun!!

Attachments

thanks

Cheers for the usefull upload mate

flyby2001 out........

remember to disable all popup killers on the main site folks

cheers

Last edited:
May be it's just my personal taste? I am more intersted in the numbers of members can use the programs, and some feed back, review about the program then hundreds of thank you messages which are nice to hear/read.

But the thank you messages also have the disadvantage as they make the older messages (files) become newest messages, and me (I guess many others do too) often re-read the same old messages over and over and over because newer messages posted, and 98% of the times I am hoping getting some report about the programs rather than reading another THANK YOU.

IOW, I just hope that we all try to sacrifice some of our personal interest's for the benefit of all others. I hope this message won't offend anyone, it's just my opinion.

Luuve - for what it's worth, I agree totally. It would be best to have posts with some substantial comment about the program, and such posts could include expressions of appreciation: but lists of 'Thanx', while understandable and of course well meant, don't add all that much to information about programs (strengths, weaknesses, problems, etc).

And I too hope none of the thankers will be upset by what is meant to be a constructive suggestion.

peace.

I think in order to keep this forum staying friendly we still need to see the THANK YOU messages, but may be when the file is very new? I just can't image the forum without some THANK YOU messages ;)

I don't know bud! sometime it's hard to solve the very simple problem ;)

Personal taste?

Luuve, i red your postings and i coulden't agree with you more, wise words m8. But one-hundred dl's and no feedback, or let someone know that you apriciate the effort taken for sharing and testing, but one, is a bit harsh to me (or other people). And no, i'm not offended.

After reading diverse postings over popup-killers, and after using the above mentions popup-killers who seems popular, i came across the fact that most of them slowing you down, and interfere with downloading (especially with anti-leech thingie's). Also some site's have so much exit-console,s that they stop most popup-kilers from working, and eventually chrash your pc in the proces. So when i discovered the posible recemblence between meaya ad-filter and popupkiller1.45, and find a updated popupkiller1.45build4, i tought that someone would know about it, because popupkiller never interfere, and furthermore you can set the maximum number of windows so the popups will never stall your pc. that is why i post my findings (and a relatively old, but nice proggie).

Re: Personal taste?

Sirok, I am so glad that you are cool and didn't get offended because I never mean to upset anyone, or trying to cause problem to the moderators. I have been modeming for over 20 years so I do realize where all my goodies came from, and more than glad to pay back what I have owed.

I am cable modem user so I have no problem posting big files, and before the PARity was instroduced to Usenet I used to help the original posters with filling, and reposted the whole CD sets (it won't effect my downloading a bit). If you use Usenet then you will know it has hundreds of thousands users worldwide, and we have to learn to show the appreciation the different ways (we sure won't want to see the newsgroup get flooded by 1/10, 1/100, 1/500 thank you messages from downloaders).

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to thank to all members from the moderators to the newest member, the ones post most and the ones haven't posted any for this fine board.

And to you to Sirok!

Re-Pop up Killer

If you just want an excellent popup killer,that
does not seem to conflict with anything.
Try ADMuncher-----www.admuncher.com.Key gen can
be found easily.