New to Linux!

LifeIsALoop

I just installed SuSe 9.1 on my other PC... Had alot of trouble to get the network running, But i got it to work after a while..

My question is how i install things..
I have just downloaded firefox, and i cant seem to install it.. Can anyone help me?
I am supposed to use "run command" right?

edit:!
got it to work.. :)

edit:is there any program to customize linux like longhorn for xp?

Last edited:
For SuSE, it's yast (as root). Yast is also used by a couple of other minor distros, like Yoper. Yast can beused as well for installing RPM's while resolving package dependencies (in fact: a tool like yast, or urpmi on Mandrake MUST be used when installing RPM packages, else you may end up to the ever famous "RPM hell" situation).
Other distros have their own control center, and there is also webmin (GUI control center accessed via your browser at localhost) which is pretty much universal.

Last edited:
LifeIsALoop said:
I just installed SuSe 9.1 on my other PC... Had alot of trouble to get the network running, But i got it to work after a while..

My question is how i install things..
I have just downloaded firefox, and i cant seem to install it.. Can anyone help me?
I am supposed to use "run command" right?

edit:!
got it to work.. :)

edit:is there any program to customize linux like longhorn for xp?
LIAL ya made it mate :)

welcome to the forum mate :)

im sure our LINUX ...GURU scarecrow here can help you resolve most if not all LINUX questions you care to throw :)