New - The FREE & Easy DVD Backup guide

Nice work Laz!quality Dvd backups on a budget.I like it. :) Use the money you save to buy more blanks,and/or movies. ;)

Not into dvdburning\backup yet, but i can see this as my startup guide. Good job :)

Looking foreward to your next tut ;) :)

laz,
There's one thing I'd like to add: You should have another cold beer when waiting for the Decrypter to finish, shouldn't you? :D
Nice work laz. It's very clear and simple. Anyone should have no problem following your guide.

Cheers

linhthao

Nice work
Just what I was looking for. I am currently interested in getting a burner, but was unsure how to go about backing up my DVD collection. Your guide, as pther have noted, is a great place to start...and maybe even go no further. Just one newbie question. Is there anything different for backing up copy protected discs?
Thanks for the guide...job well done

Laz

Hi & welcome to the forum.

Glad you like the tutorial and as Poacher said the first step in DVD Decrypter removes all protection.

V3.0 of DVD Shrink is out now in Beta form and I will be updating the tutorial for that shortly and making it even easier by removing one step from the process by using another item of software. So check back in a week or so and it should be updated by then. :)

Laz said:
Just posted my first ever tutorial on how to backup your DVD 9's for free http://www.cdrbase.com/showthread.php?threadid=31155 using a selection of excellent freeware tools including the mighty DVD Shrink.

Any feedback is apreciated, good or bad, but don't be too harsh plz guy's as it is my first ever effort. :D
Well done Laz. When i finally purchase a DVD writer, I shall happily follow these instructions to the letter ! :D

Laz

***Tutorial Now Updated***

Thanks for all the nice feedback guys, glad you seem to like it. :)

----------------------------------------------------

The tutorial has now been updated and it's even easier as it removes the iso creation step and now uses the excellent FREE burnatonce.

http://www.cdrbase.com/showthread.php?threadid=31155

----------
**If you are wondering why I have not updated it to cover v3.0 of DVD Shrink yet there is a very good reason. It looks as though there will be a couple of changes from the Beta version in the next few weeks so I will update once v3.0 goes final. ;)

HEHEH NICE ONE LAZ !!! :D

and they said that it COULD NOT BE DONE on freeware/cheap software heheh you proved them wrong bud :)

good one heheh !!