new detonator 41.80 XP/W2K driver from Creative

Master

Gold Member
This is a new driver update of Creative Graphics Cards for users running on Windows 2000 and Windows XP only.
This update is meant for Creative TNT, TNT2, GeForce, GeForce2, GeForce3 and GeForce4 series of graphics and includes:

Better support for newer graphics card
Improves performance in some graphics-intensive games.
Support for new AGP 8X cards

get them here:

http://de.europe.creative.com/support/driversSU/product.asp?bypass=1&category=4&os=17&driverlang=&prod=310&drivertype=2

The driver didn´t work for my Aopen 4200ti

Downloaded the Win 98 version to resolve the conflict with my Creative Geforce2 card - it just gave me blurred text :(

Try again Creative.

dx

Creative tweaks their drivers from the reference Nvidia drivers all the time. And Creative sucks when it comes to the driver department. I mean, they finally seem to have nailed down the Audigy 1 popping/studdering a FULL YEAR after it was released. Great drivers support eh?! :p

It doesn't suprise me at all Master that your Aopen 4200ti didn't work. Creative does this all the time...their drivers only work on Creative cards. Try the leaked reference drivers posted at LTR12101B link (ie, driverheaven). I've been using them for two days now and can attest that they work great!

I'm running the 41.80's and everything seems ok apart from the odd bit of jerkiness in 'Asheron's Call 2' that wasn't there before......i might try out the 42.01's when i get the chance lol