networking

jord 007

hi ive got a pc and laptop ive got files on the pc which i want to transfer to the laptop and vice versa windows xp is installed on both of them and ive also got a usb networking lead could someone expain to us how you go about setting my pc and the laptop up so i can transfer files across to each other
any help much appreciated

Mine has a build-in filemanager.....I have to connect it to 1 of my computers and the new hardware wizard adds it the the computer I'm working on as removable drive......after that,I have to unplug it from that computer and connect the other end to the other machine.....,same procedure with wizard new hardware......
After completion,I connect the cable again to the 1st computer and click the removable drive icon @ both(listed when I open "my computer)......the filemanager pops up and I can transfer files....

jord 007

my usb networking lead is a linq ive had it for a few years now so thats probably why do you think id be able to use that sort of software with this
cheers mate

i never had a personal need for such thing, but i often read Laplink Gold would be a recommended app; but this thing is surely overpriced;

i don't know if there is a freeware alternative (beside Windows' native networking/filesharing);

Greetings from
Duracell