Nero And Xp Help Plz!

I Have recently updated to windows xp pro - cannot get my cd writer/rewriter to work - its a IDE-CD R/RW 4X4X32 (if that makes any sense!) - have had nero version 4 installed which doeasnt work - would the new version 5 work? or could somebody recommend a another one that would work, although i do enjoy using nero - which is the best? and works with xp - thanks in advance

dave

Hi bud: I have had good luck with VOB cd/dvd 6.02 using Xp.It worked the best for me.VOB 6.02 or Clone cd 3091 is the best for games backups on Xp,Clone 3091 contains a fix for Xp.People are having problems with Nero.A new version of Nero has been released 55.51,I believe.You can get it at Cdrsoft.Don't know if it fixes any of the previous bugs.

Oh,you will need to update your aspi layer,Xp does not install a proper aspi layer.

another good software that works well with xp is cd mate. you can get it here or i'm sure that the main site has it.

Link updated by Rastabt 7 Aug 2004.

for what you say you need cd mate will work wonders. you can use the same method for aspi on xp as win2k. go here
for that.

Updated 7Aug 2004 by Rastabt.