Nero 7.5.0.2 ??

What appears to be a CD-rip of an as yet unreleased version Of Nero appears to be doing the rounds on P2P.

Several other forums have mentioned it, with much confusion.

Is it genuine ?
Is it a hack ?
Is it a beta, or a review copy that got leaked (boy! will the reviewer be deep in the brown stuff!) ?

If the second digit has made the jump, is it going to be a free upgrade from the still unsatisfactory V7 (7.2.3.2b) - historically, it probably should be, just as 6.0 - 6.3 - 6.6

About time Ahead made some sort of annoucement

ok googling around various sites list these as contents/changelog

Nero 7.5.0.2 Premium

Contains:

APTK Burst 7.5.0.3
InCD 5.5.0.5
Nero 3D Studio 1.5.0.7
Nero Burning ROM 7.5.0.2
Nero BackItUp BURST 2.6.2.1
Nero Burn ( for MCE ) 1.0.0.2
Nero BurnRights 2.1.0.2
Nero CoverDesigner 2.5.0.0
Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in 2.0.2.6
Nero Home 1.5.0.8
Nero Imagedrive 3.0.0.9
Nero Installer Burst 1.5.2.0
Nero MediaHome 2.0.0.8
Nero MediaStreaming ( for MCE ) 2.0.0.8
Nero ShowTime 1.2.0.3
Nero PhotoSnap 1.2.0.19
Nero Recode 2.3.1.8
Nero ShowTime 3.2.1.2
Nero SoundTrax BURST 2.5.0.2
Nero StartSmart 3.5 BURST 3.5.0.0
Nero Toolkit CD-DVD Speed 4.6.0.0
Nero Toolkit DriveSpeed 3.0.7.0
Nero Toolkit InfoTool 4.1.0.3
Nero Vision Express 4.7.0.4
Nero WaveEditor BURST 3.5.0.0
Shared Multimedia Components 4.5.7.0
Sipps 2.1.6.33
:)

I'm itching to update, but looking at the inevitable soup of problem reports, I can see V7 only being truly ready by the time V8 is looming.

I believe Ahead got some people from Roxio - maybe at the same time, they also fell into the trap of versionitis releases before they were ready.

Mind you, even in V5.5, the last minor point of each version was usually the best, with some point releases being truly excellent, while the one that introduced any feature was often more trouble than it was worth.

Once upon a time, I used to pounce on every update, bludgeoning my way to the FTP with my trusty "Download Express" (2 threads if I could get away with it), now I just think.... let some other sap find the bugs first.

LTR12101B said:
I'm itching to update, but looking at the inevitable soup of problem reports, I can see V7 only being truly ready by the time V8 is looming.
I wonder if even then!!! :eek:
LTR12101B said:
I believe Ahead got some people from Roxio - maybe at the same time, they also fell into the trap of versionitis releases before they were ready.
Watch that netman (RIP) would disagree with you on that. :)
LTR12101B said:
Once upon a time, I used to pounce on every update, bludgeoning my way to the FTP with my trusty "Download Express" (2 threads if I could get away with it), now I just think.... let some other sap find the bugs first.
LOL :D

If using Foobar, then you cannot burn (yet) from Foobar with Nero 7.X series... I guess they will update the plugin sometime, but they are so many foobar plugins needing an update to 0.9.X currently that it will probably not be updated THAT soon...

Regarding foobar i getting to get a pissed of regarding updates-plugins-sdk..
I mean every foobar full time user will know what i mean..
Every time when major update comes like 1 in year they have to update all thiose plugins and since they are made independantly from developers who do that for free the plugins get updated slowly or dont get updated at all:eek: :eek: :eek: Like foo-scheduler is still at works......there is some halffeatured replacement but its far from scheduler:eek: :eek:
I had a same dilemma to update or not when 0.8 came out and at the end i did and im glad i did couse now i running0.8.3 fully customised for my liking and everything is working perfect,so i do not going to 0.9-NO WAY:mad: :mad:
Like i really dont need secure ripping at all from foobar since eac is doing that part,also last time i ripped cd was more then a year ago-no joke...
Couse i mostly get allready ripped music or when somebody asks for a cd from me i do have it ripped on my hd allready:) so even eac hasnt been started in a year or more..
Also there are some problems playing with ape and wma and tagiing of those and all that works perfect with 0.8 series...also tons of small things...
Like showing which lame and what preset was used,dts files,freedb modul is so dumm now comparing to old one specially if you got to completely tag whole album couse its not in freedb database-happening often to me couse i downloding loads of bootlegs-mean legal ones from lossless legs.........
Special infobox is missing too....:eek: :eek:
Huh...enough for today..I had to show my frustration somewhere couse sqaying something on foobar board means tons of people will try to tell you of replacements..but i want original..
Like windows sheduler to replace foobar one`s-what a joke.. or
"""Just write your own batch script"""
If i know how to do that i would made my own player,and wouldnt wait 1 year for replacement:confused: