need software , but not sure?

I hope this is starting in the right place!

What im trying to do is archive some old cassette recordings to my hard drive and then edit some of the poorer ones (to remove buzz , hissssssss, fades, etc.,etc,)
Subsequent to that, i'll burn them to disk.
Problem im having is getting an analog signal into the puter without making the problem worse than it is already.

Am trying to stay away from simply using a microphone thru the sound card as the recording are of poor quality now!
I made an attemt to use Dazzle capture mode with a USB adapter but have met with no success. ( It doesn't recognize the input device which is simply a cassete recorder hooked into the dazzle adapter)

So my question is this , ANYONE aware of a simple software solution to this ??
Something that would allow my analog to usb input device to be recognized!!

i may be asking for something that doesn't
exist

Thanks in advance for ANY help

orbitall :)

yeah agreed POKOPIKO use your line in to feed the oudio out of yer cassette recorder into yer puter ......

once its on your system you can process the audio to get rid of white noise hiss static and clicks with one of many programs a good one here thats also mentioned elsewhere in this forum is COOL EDIT PRO 2 :D

do a search for "cool edit" minus quotes using the search button at the top pf this page to find a download link and a crack for this program !!

You can also use this to record the line input from your tape :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the response !!

Well your right , i 'm sure it can be done that way but i was trying to use a usb connection and have it converted to digital BEFORE
it hit the puter.
That is supposed to be a better way of doing it , or so i've heard as sound cards all vary in what they add/subtract to or from sound as the signal is processed.

But , probably i'll have to use an adapter to connect directly to the sound card as you have suggested.

Thanks for the response:)
orbitall

As said by other users, connect your tape/line output to te line in of your soundcard. Then, be sure to mute all the other recording devices used, except for the line in (ie mute microfone, and other Aux/Modem/TV Tuner inputs if available). You can use any program that suit you best like CoolEdit Pro, Wavelab, or even the simple AudioTools, for recording from the line in of your soundcard. Note also that the better the soundcard, the best the wav quality will create. But since you record from tape, then, it's ok...