Need Pioneer 104 DVD-R info

hi, i am considering buying a dvd burner and i was woundering if the Pioneer 104 DVD-R is fully compatible with clonecd so that i can copy protected cds.

plz help

moe

I have just bought the Pioneer DVD 105 from Anglian Internet (UK). It was £199. I have no problems with it. If your looking to burn films however you are going to have a bit of a shock as the blanks are only 4.7gig. Great for storing data though.

the_moejoe said:
hi, i am considering buying a dvd burner and i was woundering if the Pioneer 104 DVD-R is fully compatible with clonecd so that i can copy protected cds.

plz help

moe

The Pioneer seems to have problems with full subchannel reading,but if you use another reader,that shouldn't b a problem.....

FYI:The Sony DRU500A costs less in my country,writes both dvd- and dvd+ standards,also cdr @24 X
Last info of this 1 is that it is also capable to copy safedisk 2.8.xx with the included veritas software!!!!:eek: :confused:

If you are wanting to use Clone CD to backup protected discs then I would recommend a different CDR/RW for that purpose.

I have a Pioneer DVR 104 and it is an excellent drive for most things but I doesn't supports DAO-RAW.

I use an old Teac CD-W54E which is only 4X and does not have burnproof because It works better with Clone CD and other CD writing software's advanced features.

E

elpresidente

yeah like Taz69 said ... I´ve an A03 and for CDR I use my good old Plex SCSI burner ;)

--> I don´t recommend the Sony DRU500A --- I heard from somebody @ Sony that they don´t sell it here (Austria) right now cause there r 2 many bugs .... btw. there r also some probs with some types of DVD-R ...

--> go for the A05 or if u can get a cheap A03/A03 buy it ...

üsse