Need Help w/ EAC ... program freeze up upon launch

I'm guessing there's some sort of conflict with the program being able to recognize my Matshita UJDA-330 cd-rw drive... I tried installing Exact Audio Copy V0.9 beta 4 ... As soon as I launched the program it froze... uninstalled... Then tried installing the previous beta before that and ended up with the same effect..
Both versions were downloaded off the EAC homepage... no crc errors in the zip files.. Also downloaded the self-installer program.. tried that too... same result... Any Ideas?? :(

I'm trying to burn an audio cd ... Unfortunately I just burnt 3 disc's with NTI CD Maker in DAO... Went to stick them in my cd player and the player had a hard time recognizing any of the tracks.. higher the track number.. the longer the wait.. long wait :( .. my guess is the NTI program does not insert gaps between the tracks... Never had a problem burning audio cds with Nero however, I wish I could have either one or two programs instead of ten to do my burning... Presently cd mate has disc/data size recognition errors in the software... argh......

Anyways... anyone have a clue how to make EAC work...?

Last edited:
Guess it would have helped if I remembered to list the OS.. :eek: Using XP at present... Need to do a format and fresh install soon..
cluttered that registry a lot in the past 6 months :( heh .. As far as the media... I doubt that's it... Using TDK 80min 703mb cds..
Been using them for almost a year with no problems whatsoever.. Main variable that's changed is switching from Nero to NTI for my burning ...

Another noob question ... not up to speed on ASPI and what it does.. care to refresh my memory :D ... and how do I use Aspichk (something I need to download? or a small proggy like regedit/msconfig?) ... thanx poko ;)

BTW: Saw one of your posts regarding MP3 releases and FTP/FXP boards... Anychance you could PM me some specific info (channels, which are the better boards, etc) :p

dx

Yep...Pokopiko's diagnosis is the one I would give. The wrong ASPI layer is a big reason for lockups with EAC...especially newer versions of Adaptec ASPI. Adaptec ver 4.60.1021 usually solves the problem...so give that a shot and report back. ;)