Need help/advice for divx->svcd

Hi,

I'm strugling with the divx of Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets. Yes, I know that there are posts, but here's my 'quest':
I have to put subtitles into the movie, and I cant find any post that talks about the conversion including adding (permanent) subs. I've tried and tried and tried several settings for the numerous programs, but it always results in audio out of sync.

What I see, is that the video part is Divx and the audio is VBR MP3. Can anybody comment on how to convert this one to SVCD please, with the titles ? Are there success stories out there ....??

I believe you need to load the AVi into VirtualDUB, load the Subs in there via a subs pluggin (sorry I dont know how to do that) and frameserve to TMPGEnc. I have never done that (I have no need for subs) but have a read at vcdhelp.com, I'm sure they have a tutorial to tell you how to do it all.

I've tried many things, also the advice from CM. Because the divx contains VBR MP3 it is nearly not possible to get a divx with subs AND audio in sync. Have tried numerous things but didnot succeed.
I'm going to try the following:

Append the 2 divx files to eachother usinf Vdub-MP3-Freeze
(Playing the divx doesnot produce audio out of sync)

Use the CM tutorial Divx->SVCD

Use WinSubMux (or another tool) to get the subs into the MPEG.

With this movie it is unpossible to put subs into the divx and keep audio into sync. I will comment later if this aproach was successful.

Thanks CM for the help.

When I got home from work I started up my computer and saw 3 images ready. The MPG files, produced by DVD2SVCD, can be viewed. I hate cursing, but this is a great moment to start: audio out of sync !:( :confused: :mad: :mad: . What else can I try ? NanDub is another vdub mod (a rather old one) and crashes during processing.
I really hope somebody did convert the movie correctly and wants to share this great moment with me. The kids were disappointed when I told them no good.
Any help is appreciated :)

I have converted the movie to DVDR (similar to SVCD really) using DVD2SVCD no problems. Sounds like a stuffed AVI to me as Audio sync does not go out. Friends have done the same without problems as well.

Now I'm totally confused. What mam I doing wrong ?
Last weekend I tried to convert them with TMPGenc, do a MPG2AVI, put in the subtitles.
After conversion with TMP no sound at all.
:confused:
I'm thinking about giving up. The last two weeks my computer has been constantly busy doing thing that don't seem to work.
The files have something with 'dominion' in it, so you know if we have the same couple of files.
CM, have any suggestion what I could do or what I should check ?

coffeecup said:
The files have something with 'dominion' in it, so you know if we have the same couple of files.
Sorry I deleted my file long ago.

One thing I havent mentioned, the latest version of DVD2SVCD allows the inclusion of Subtitles from external sources. Tick on Subtitles and when you hit GO, ther is an option to include external subs. Sorry I'm not sure on the format supported, have a read at DVD2SVCD home page.

Sounds like you need a good clean out of your system. Try a Windows re-install or recover.

Thanks CM,

I'm going to give it another go. I recently upgraded DVD2SVCD to the 'crashing' version. Gonna give 1.1.1b2 a go (now have 1.0.9 installed).

I reinstalled my system between Chistmas and NewYear so I don't thank a reinstall is needed.

I saw a manual on www.dvdrhelp.com that describes exactly my needs (not my problems, but it might be worth a shot)
DiVX to (S)VCD using DVD2SVCD and add Permanent Subtitles
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/128720.php

Yep, thats an older way of doing it but as the author says on the last line, get ver 1.1.1 build 2 as its all built in, as I said above.

Mmmmm... all results keep having the same annoyance.
Going to give frameserving a go. Hope that this way the problem can be solved.
Hate to say I'm thinking of giving up this quest.

Problem solved......

An update:

After I had given up doing this great movie, a college gave me his copy of the Divx movie.
After doing the same procedure (VDUB save WAV, HEADac3he, put subs into movie, mux audio stream into video stream) worked fine. Why ?
The first thing I discovered was that the second movie had NO bad frames, while the first one had some bad frames.
I imagined that after a "Scan for Video errors" in VDUB, VDUB would somekind of drop those frames (and the audio as well).
This assumption is wrong wrong wrong. If you would know how many times how many hours I tried..................

So this is a lesson, first get rid of bad frames !

Re: Problem solved......

coffeecup said:
So this is a lesson, first get rid of bad frames !
True, but best is to get good quality AVI's that dont have bad frames, etc in the first place. Then conversion goes so darn easy as you found.

Glad its all sorted.