nec1100a

les541

my dvd -r wont be reconized on my computer, i uninstall then reinstall it , then it says cant find device please help . i cant even use thr cd rom thanks

les541

nec 1100a

the cd rom is in a dell optiplex gx110, pent.111 780 mhz, necdvd+rw nd 1100a installing hardware on my computer reads device driver installed can not find hardware, i will uninstall then re install and the ballon on bottom screen says new hardware found then i try to install and get the same message with a error 41. pleeeaaassse help. thank you

about hardware:
if your NEC is connected with a 80-wired IDE cable, it should be swapped for a 40-wired cable, because the ATAPI standard is still limited to 40-wired IDE cables;
best place for a DVD burner is master at your second IDE controller; configure the drive to master by using the jumper at back side;

so here is my configuration recommendation:
1. channel 80-wired cable, master: system HDD, slave: storage HDD (if present)
2. channel 40-wired cable, master: NEC DVD-RW, slave: CD-ROM (if present)

about the drivers:
your Dell seems to have an Intel chipset, so go sure you don't have "IAA- Intel Aplication Accelerator" installed; if IAA is installed uninstall it via Controll Panell > Add/Remove Software, reboot; then ensure that the IDE controller drivers ar the Microsoft standard drivers and not made by Intel; if Intel allocate the standard drivers instead reboot again;

and again, till now you didn't tell us which Windows version you are using;

les541

nec 1100a

Yes I Have Windows Xp Sp2, I Also Hooked Up My Iomega Zip Drive And It Tells Me The Is No Drive Software.

les541

Did you already check my recommendations above? http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?p=243046

and if you have Nero installed, then please do a test burn with Nero's image recorder and attach the Nero log file here, so we can look for conflicting drivers; the Nero log file is called "NeroHistory.log" and is stored in the Nero program folder; when posting the file please delete out your Nero serial number;

les541

nec 1100a

you are not going to believe this i put my restore disk in and it started i reinstalled os now dvd works but on start up it says its not there i can live with that thanks duracell ror all your help :)