My motherboard

Nizmo

Hey i have a asus a7n8x-x motherboard and i think i got an ide Seagate hard drive. Its only 60gb and i wanted to get like a 200gb one except most of the hard drives i see are sata. Can my motherboard use a sata harddrive and if so which one do you think i should get. Price i want to spend is around $130australian. oh and also when i have to reinstall windows xp on it will i need to buy a new cd?

Cloning a partition of a running windows system is quite tricky- unless you don't mind having it bomb on you...
Before cloning, a full defragmentation and running Microsoft's "sysprep" utility are things yoy must do. Also, disabling any filesystem (NTFS) encryption and compression is wise enough.

02coled

scarecrow said:
Cloning a partition of a running windows system is quite tricky- unless you don't mind having it bomb on you...
Before cloning, a full defragmentation and running Microsoft's "sysprep" utility are things yoy must do. Also, disabling any filesystem (NTFS) encryption and compression is wise enough.
Use ghost 9 run's in Dos or use older version on floppy discs in Dos. Or put hdd's in another pc and copy through another pc so that as you said the operating system its self is not in use.
Damian

Nizmo

02coled

yes it would work as same connection and speed, just check that your Motherboard does allow 200gb hardrives im pretty sure it would!! GOOD LUCK
Damian Cole