my DVD burner is not recognized anymore

kungmoon

Well, I guess this is going to be very hard to solve. Everything points that I'm going to have to reinstall windows. Damn. :mad: You're my last hope guys.

I have a LG DVD burner. everything worked fine for about 3 months. Since two days ago, my DVD burner is no longer recognized by windows. I can't access to the unit from the command prompt and it doesn't show up in the windows explorer (I already tryed loading windows in safe mode)

Through the control panel, in Hardware Adminitrator (I'm not sure if this is the correct translation, but is the window where you can see all the devices/hardware in the pc: soundcards, ports, monitor, etc. I guess you know what I mean) I see under the DVD/CD-ROM category my unit with a yellow "!" icon

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B

When double clicking it, it says that windows can't load the driver for this hardware. It is possible that the driver is missing or damaged (code 39).

The version of the driver is: 5.1.2600.2180 xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

It seems that somehow the driver is in conflict with anything, because my virtual units, created with Alcohol, doesn't work either and it shows the same problem in the "Hardware Administrator".

I already tryed reinstalling the driven N times, It always show the same problem.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks A LOT for your help

I had the same or similar problem recently, I tryied everything, ended rebuilding that system and finally found it was related to the disable CD autorun function, enabling autorun the problem was solved, inactivating autorun and the prob was back :confused: :confused: :confused:

so I just leaved that enabled on that system :confused:

give it a try, cheers

If none of the above work try removing virtual drives.Sounds like a software conflict.You need to find the software conflict.There is a thread somewhere here to fix upper/lower filters.Try a search of it.

Master said:
Ahhh...did you ?...Hmm thanks Woody for the free lesson in the english language :D :D
No problem. ;)

To sum up...Code 39 is a registry (upper/lower filter) filter problem,resulting from conflicting drivers installed by burning software. :)

Master

Gold Member
Haha Woody i tricked you...now i know that you are the invisible man :D

Back to topic:

Please follow Duracell´s advice first. If this will fail then there is a registry "hack" to solve this problem.