mp3 i/o device error

can anyone help please? when i connect my bog standard (mass storgage) mp3 player. windows will not allow me to access it through explorer. my pc starts to stick and will not allow me to open the removable drive.I just get an error which says i/o device error :mad:

scarecrow said:
USB 1.1 or USB 2.0?
You hook in directly, or you use a hub?
good point :)

My muvo NX refuses to work in the DELL's we have at work using the really awkwardly mounted FRONT usb ports at a stupid half a$$ed angle they are set at too makes it pretty much usless for ANY usb stick device to be fitted into :mad: what were DELL thinking when they put them there lol :)

anyhow long story short i have a usb extension lead so i dont have to reach round the back of the machine all the time to use my player with the dell's :)

Yep, that's the point... many boxes (not just OEM, well known brands as well!) have USB2 mobos but the front connectors are useless 1.1 ones, and more than that the available wattage is unable to drive even a miniature-of-a-drive.

image attached of the badly mounted USB on DELL's lol :)

due to the stupid angle the ports are at none of the stick type usb devices will even fit and we cannot have 2 devices plugged at the same time !? :mad:

Attachments

thanx for your help

it was working fine then just started coming up with this error whenever i tried to access the unit when connected to the pc. However i installed the firmware upgrade prog that came with it and ran that. And its cured it wooo woooo

thanx again..... ;)

nosher said:
it was working fine then just started coming up with this error whenever i tried to access the unit when connected to the pc. However i installed the firmware upgrade prog that came with it and ran that. And its cured it wooo woooo

thanx again..... ;)

nice one thanks for the update :)

btw WMA takes up less space if you player can handle it :)

thanx viper!

player will take wma... and i think my dbpoweramp can convert to it..... il give it a try thanx again... :cool: