MP3 help

muddled

I have a sony cmt-hp7 mp3 stereo using Nero 6 as my burner.
the problem is the discs i make wont play on my stereo or will play 1 track then say no disc, They work fine on my personal cd player.

Is there a way to fix this?

Ehtesham

Sometimes when we write audio at a high speed our players don't read them..
My player has the same problem so what i do is write the CD at a slower speed and this should help. :eek:

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Ehtesham you made it mate :) welcome to the forum :):):)

come introduce yourself here :)

enjoy your stay :)

@muddled ... are you burning the disk as a single session or a multi session !? your player may not accept multi session disks !?

my suggestion would be add enough tracks to fill the disk then burn as a single burn and close the disk when finishing the dish

and also take note as Ehtesham suggested burn at a slower speed :)

please post back if you want more help :D

1. Ensure that you are burning a 100% valid audio project - 1 session, closed (preferably Disc-At-Once mode, as then there will be no discontinuities).
2. Burn slower - the "sweet spot" for some media is 24x, others continue to improve down to 8x or even 4x.
3. Try other media
4. Give up, some players have such poor compatibility with CD-R, that you'll be hunting through media, speed and (maybe) writer combinations for ages, and you may never find one that works 100%.
Yes, point 4 is absolutely serious, you can find players that just won't do it - a point that can probably be proven when the cheapest current personal CD player plays the same CD-R with no problem at all.

Mind you, CD-R compatibility should NOT be a problem on an MP3 capable player, since that pretty well implies CD-R.

muddled

thanks for help

single session only, writing speed 16x, it happens on every make of cdr ive used.
will try at a lower speed and see if that works

cheers

although played for longer recording at a lower speed it still stopped playing after a few songs so i guess it doesnt want to know

Last edited:
change media try a better quality :)

what media are you using at the minute for these recordings !?

you could also try a different version of NERO maby an earlier version :)